I found this today....and it is truly my most meaningful find ever.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
Hey Bryce,
I'm thinking Bob might be alright after all!

Bob,
That is a great picture, and story.

Good Luck,
Mark
I think so too Mark ;D

Mirage said:
Bryce,
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I really had to hold back the tears reading this post. I lost my dad about 15 years ago but still have my mom. We have been detecting her property for at least 3 years. Last year Nate and I presented her (on her birthday) a nice chest of the finds from her 1853 property.

Momwithtreasurechest.jpg

What's funny is that the items in the chest she cherished the most weren't the old coins or even the 1800's relics but the beat up hotwheels we dug up that my brothers and I use to play with as kids.

God bless.

Bob
Thanks Bob...and thanks for sharing your story with me. I'll tell you what bro...I am not ashamed to say I have teared up many times while responding to everyone who replied to this post.

Damon64 said:
Such a touching story. I've read it a few times over and the powerful message from your mom is very uplifting. I think we all got a lump in our throat from it.
I believe our parents are never really gone...you are part of your mom and dad and as long as you live and your children live, they will always be around.
Thanks for the kind words Damon. Thanks for responding...and have a safe new year.

airgrabber said:
Please keep this story here! This is truly touching!! And what a great find! Congratulations on your find as this was meant to be! Your journey begins now along with growing wisdom. HH
Thanks airgrabber. I appreciate your response.

Nana40 said:
A sign of a good man that loves his Momma so. :) She did a fine job raising you, Silver.

Wonderful story. I miss my Momma too.

Nana :)
Thanks nana.

Old River said:
Nice find, and know it means a lot to find something in your grandparents yard. I found a knife in my grandparents yard this week. I love it. God Bless....
Thank you Old River.

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have my deepest sympathy. As for your mother looking over your shoulder, I believe that too. Last September I lost my only son, and I wasn't able to get out for about a month, and when I did, I went to a spot we had hunted together before, but had not really found anything. That time, while talking to my son, he led me to a buffalo nickel and a seated Liberty dime. I know it was his way of talking to me. So, yes, I believe that your mother was doing the same to you. God bless.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Thanks for sharing your touching, and personal story. May the rays shine down on you every day.

coinstar

Apr 8, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for your loss ,but I'm happy for your find.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
modifiedmike99 said:
I'm sorry for your loss ,but I'm happy for your find.
Thanks Mike. I appreciate it.

nc-joe said:
Thanks for sharing your touching, and personal story. May the rays shine down on you every day.
Thanks nc-joe. I appreciate your response...and I hope you have a safe new year.

nebstater said:
You have my deepest sympathy. As for your mother looking over your shoulder, I believe that too. Last September I lost my only son, and I wasn't able to get out for about a month, and when I did, I went to a spot we had hunted together before, but had not really found anything. That time, while talking to my son, he led me to a buffalo nickel and a seated Liberty dime. I know it was his way of talking to me. So, yes, I believe that your mother was doing the same to you. God bless.
Thanks for sharing your story with me nebstater. I'm truly sorry for the loss of your son. Just as you said you do with your son...I too talk to my mom a lot when I'm out hunting. I know now that they hear us my friend. My mom always finds a way to let me know she's with me. Take care...and God bless.

tornadolady

Jan 19, 2009
Southeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Silverfreak, I understand something of how you feel. I found and cherished some things from both of my parents, whom have also passed. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God will get you through this painful time in your life.
I no longer have these items I cherished. They were taken in a tornado last March 15 th 2008 along with everything else I had. I pray you understand what I am going to say to you.
Love and keep this remembrance from your mother, however should anything ever happen that you don't have it anymore. Remember, your greatest possession of your loved one is what you keep in your mind and your heart. Your memories. You may loose your possessions , but nothing and no one can take these away from you. And as long as you have these, your mother will always be but a thought away.
Silverfreak through all of your emotions, anytime you need her, she is but a thought away.
The only way she is ever really gone is if you send her from your heart and mind.

I am sorry about this being so late of a response, but I just joined tnet this week. If I can help, just let me know. And these people on tnet are some of the greatest people around. Welcome aboard.
May God be with you and bless you always
......Tornadolady..... :wink:

S

seger98

tornadolady said:
Silverfreak, I understand something of how you feel. I found and cherished some things from both of my parents, whom have also passed. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God will get you through this painful time in your life.
I no longer have these items I cherished. They were taken in a tornado last March 15 th 2008 along with everything else I had. I pray you understand what I am going to say to you.
Love and keep this remembrance from your mother, however should anything ever happen that you don't have it anymore. Remember, your greatest possession of your loved one is what you keep in your mind and your heart. Your memories. You may loose your possessions , but nothing and no one can take these away from you. And as long as you have these, your mother will always be but a thought away.
Silverfreak through all of your emotions, anytime you need her, she is but a thought away.
The only way she is ever really gone is if you send her from your heart and mind.

I am sorry about this being so late of a response, but I just joined tnet this week. If I can help, just let me know. And these people on tnet are some of the greatest people around. Welcome .

Darn it you guys, everytime I read another story on here I get all choked up :-\ Another nice story tornadolady!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A very beautiful, and touching story. Congradulation on such a wounderful find. Thanks for posting it. God Bless.....

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tornadolady said:

I am sorry about this being so late of a response, but I just joined tnet this week. If I can help, just let me know. And these people on tnet are some of the greatest people around. Welcome aboard.
Thank you so much. I would say "you don't know how much your words mean to me".....but you definately do.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers...and thank you for sharing your story with me. It truly touched me.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old River said:
A very beautiful, and touching story. Congradulation on such a wounderful find. Thanks for posting it. God Bless.....
Thank you Old River

seger98 said:
tornadolady said:

I am sorry about this being so late of a response, but I just joined tnet this week. If I can help, just let me know. And these people on tnet are some of the greatest people around. Welcome .

Darn it you guys, everytime I read another story on here I get all choked up :-\ Another nice story tornadolady!
Me too bro....me too.

RelicHunterSantise said:
A little late on a reply

Amazing story.

xoxo
Thanks for responding RHS

weasel606 said:
great post and find silverfreak :o congrats :thumbsup:
Thanks Weasel

xlt nh said:
Great find and a great story.... :)

HH, Hank 8)
Thanks Hank. Have a good '09.

cjprice

May 21, 2006
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Tesoro Silver Umax
Thanks for sharing this truly touching story.

It took a lot to write something this personal, and close to your heart.

This song has brought me comfort during a very trying period in my life.

We never walk alone my treasure hunting friend!

~Chris
Cape Coral, Fl :icon_sunny: :angel11: :icon_sunny:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SF, I"m glad you shared that heart warming story with us. It was her way of reaching you. Breezie

digginzfun

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Thanks for sharing SF. You are right sir...you were meant to find that dime... and at that time...and you know who the ray of light came from :angel7:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bryce, I am so happy for you that this thread has came back, to show you so much uplifting from other T-neters, it is a wonderful thing to see how much others care! Everyone can just look at this and see the outpouring from friends ....rather you've met them or not!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very moving story SF, your mom is proud of you and smiling on you. :wink:

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I don't believe in stuff like that but I'll make an exception to say that was very nice of your mother even know it's impossible. If it makes you happy, believe in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread