I found this today....and it is truly my most meaningful find ever.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly how you felt. I actually used a detector in my grandmother's yard at her lake house, about an hour before we spread her ashes there. It might have seemed insensitive to the rest of the family, but I think they understood I was hoping for a sentimental souvenir. The house dated to the 1930s and I found some Wheaties from that time period, but didn't get the Merc dime I was hoping for.

Near the front door of the house I noticed some tiny blue flowers. They were Forget-me-nots.

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Bryce, Just wanted to tell you. That was your mother telling you that everything is OK and she is with you when ever you need her . I had a similar experience 8 years ago . It starts out like this . My mother was not feeling well so my sister took her to the ER just to see what was wrong and they could not find anything at all wrong with her so they just kept her over night for observation . I went and saw her when she was in her hospital room with my grandmother and mom said she was feeling much better. So i covered her with a blanket and told her i loved her and to call me when she was discharged the next day and i would come pick her up and take her home she said OK ill call you in the morning . I went home that night i think around 7 Pm . well at 2.30 AM the hospital called me and said your mother is coding you better come right away.So i raced to the hospital and when i got there they where beating on her chest in her room and then the doc comes out and tells me she is Gone . Will this totally killed me inside because her and i were very close and i loved her very much.. I went home and started making all the arrangements and was just so very upset.. There was people in and out crying and bringing food and all of that and then the next day we found out that my wife's father committed suicide and we where a very close family so we had that to deal with that a day after my mother died .On day 3 i had to get away from the house so i got my bother in law and we went down to a beach here in Delaware I needed to just walk by myself so i was on the beach by myself going north and my bother in law went south . I need to stress this is a beach probably 60 yard wide by miles long and not another soul on it . So here i go walking down the beach in the middle of the afternoon with my detector and i was crying and felt like i had the wait of the world on my shoulders i looked up in the sky and said Mom if there is really something up there and you are with me i need a sign because i just find it hard to believe. Well let me tell you the second i asked for that it was like someone hit me in the head with a hammer and sat me down on my butt in the sand . A warm feeling came over my whole body and a peace like i had never felt before came over me and to top all that off the detector went off and i remember saying there is no way I'm going to dig that . All this happened in a split second, Well i dug it and it was Mary with her arms wide open on a pendant Just to say dont worry everything is OK .. I thought i was going crazy. But the peace i felt was nothing like i have ever felt sense and I'm not a religious man and yes i do wear that around my neck . So what you felt i think was very real. The more people i tell about this story the more i find out just about everybody has some kind of story like this so i guess there is really something going on up there !! Thanks Mark

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 832
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 892

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt,, congrats on this find, WTG
thumbs_up.gif

tmamms

Apr 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for your loss. God bless and keep up the good work .

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a very touching story. Sorry for your loss!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonderful story. Glad you realized you were meant to find it and could get some solace from it.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I vote this merc as a banner find. It is truly one of the best finds ever. God bless.

MikeG

Nov 30, 2014
Up North
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Euro Ace 350, Makro Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story and beautiful coin. Thanks for sharing.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful thing to have happened to you, and such a great story. A gift from your mother and the most valuable coin you will ever find. Thanks for sharing.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just read this. God bless your Mother, Father, You & your Family!!! What an uplifting story!!!!

Semper Fi

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Of all the finds I have seen on here, in my opinion there is no doubt that this is the most moving of them all. I know that this is an old post but the meaning of this find will never go away!

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a Very Nice testimony and Nice Silver!! I'm sure She was looking down Smiling:) God Bless silverfreak!

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great story - re-read it again today :)

vp

Top Member Reactions