Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2005
    Panhandle of Florida
    T2 SE,Sovereign Elite,two Excal II s and a cibola
    519 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Re: The Ice Man - Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer, Philip Carlo

Yea I have watched the Ice Man interviews on youtube .Chilling to say the least. I did not know that he had a book out. I will have to look for it. I think in died in prison a few years back.
    God and country.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times

Quote Originally Posted by homestake
    Supposedly there are two movie productions in the works filming a 'Iceman' flick. One with Mickey Rourke and one with Michael Shannon as the lead actor.
    Maybe I can see Mickey Rouke, but they may be best off with an unknown, or better yet as NJDigger mentioned the guy who played leather face in Tx Chainsaw Masc. This guy was huge, and scary to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman
    Yea I have watched the Ice Man interviews on youtube .Chilling to say the least. I did not know that he had a book out. I will have to look for it. I think in died in prison a few years back.
    Indeed the interviews were chilling, especially when he gnashed his teeth together.

Yes, he died in prison and it is believed to have been a hit. I would tell you who placed the hit, but I think you may enjoy reading about it yourself and make up your own mind. I think there is a good possibility that it happened the way the book mentioned, made sense to me.

us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    25 times
    Metal Detecting

I got this book downloaded on my Kindle last night.

Holy cow you weren't kidding.

Can't hardly put it down.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge
    I got this book downloaded on my Kindle last night.

Holy cow you weren't kidding.

Can't hardly put it down.
    Thanks, I appreciate that After all, I'm normally known as a jokester. This is one book that is riveting from cover to cover, you almost have the feeling of looking over his shoulder too. There are several incidents that I remember like yesterday, from reading about the events when they happened.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times

It appears that the powers in Hollywood are finally going to make a movie about him.

For those who can't read, for whatever reason, poor sight, laziness, etc... They will be bringing this to the big screen for your enjoyment. Grab the largest bucket of for this bad boy

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    748 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

my union that I "retired' from was SEAFARERS INTERNATIONAL UNION (SIU) -- our headquarters for many many years was 675 fourth ave. brooklyn , ny --

yep those SIU guys that whipped the teamsters butts in 1968 in chicago * ( MY OLD MAN WAS ONE OF THE SIU CREW SENT TO DEAL WITH EM) --you know "THE TEAMSTERS" the boogyman of the mob guys --ohh don't mess with the teamsters -- well they were tough but nothing like the total nut jobs and utterly ruthless sob's that the SIU "cherry picked" from all over the nation and sent to chicago to sort em out -- the SIU guys were known as "THE GOON SQUAD"

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    801 times

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    my union that I "retired' from was SEAFARERS INTERNATIONAL UNION (SIU) -- our headquarters for many many years was 675 fourth ave. brooklyn , ny --

yep those SIU guys that whipped the teamsters butts in 1968 in chicago * ( MY OLD MAN WAS ONE OF THE SIU CREW SENT TO DEAL WITH EM) --you know "THE TEAMSTERS" the boogyman of the mob guys --ohh don't mess with the teamsters -- well they were tough but nothing like the total nut jobs and utterly ruthless sob's that the SIU "cherry picked" from all over the nation and sent to chicago to sort em out -- the SIU guys were known as "THE GOON SQUAD"
    Know exactly what you are saying . 20+yrs UMW from 1968 on . NO QUARTER meant exactly that with us .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    748 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

several folks on both sides in the 1968 - the teamster / siu chicago cabbie organization/ takeover fight came up "mia"-- by it was a lot more of the teamsters than than siu when the dust settled at the end -- my old man was siu back in those days -- I did not "join up' with the SIU till 1980

yah united mine workers were no one to screw with either.

funny thing my mom's family were all coal miners * my grandpa moms side worked at the olga coal mine if I recall correctly

us
    Nov 2011
    51 times
    +++++
    Last edited by TheOldMan; Jun 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    Looks too confusing to make out who, what where and when

To be released in 2013 I guess Hollywood hasn't read the Mayan script yet

It can be no where near as good as the book, but I'll be there with bells on

us
    Nov 2011
    51 times
    +++++
    Last edited by TheOldMan; Jun 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    It should be a good movie, but there is no way it can even scratch the surface of the book.

This book is another true page turner, not unlike Dan Browns Da Vinci Code. If you enjoying reading about true crime, mafia, etc. Just add this to your collection, you won't regret it. I would also think that living in NY/NJ for all my life helped, as I was easily able to remember many of the events mentioned, and others that just surprised me.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53

Maybe I can see Mickey Rouke, but they may be best off with an unknown, or better yet as NJDigger mentioned the guy who played leather face in Tx Chainsaw Masc. This guy was huge, and scary to say the least.

Indeed the interviews were chilling, especially when he gnashed his teeth together.

Yes, he died in prison and it is believed to have been a hit. I would tell you who placed the hit, but I think you may enjoy reading about it yourself and make up your own mind. I think there is a good possibility that it happened the way the book mentioned, made sense to me.

I knew this scum bag. Don't ask me how. Trust me he's was a average criminal as far as every day living. Was he a nut? Hell yes he was. Would I want to read a book or see a movie about kuklinski? No not unless he were writing it himself otherwise it's just fiction. I'll just go see batman.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    The author spent nearly 240 hours with Richard to get this story, so it's not hearsay

I can say it was a riveting read, from beginning to end.. Scary too

I give it

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53
    The author spent nearly 240 hours with Richard to get this story, so it's not hearsay

I can say it was a riveting read, from beginning to end.. Scary too

I give it

I would not believe he spent that much time with him. The guy was in prison a long time until he died there. Most prison visit are under two hours. They don't let just anyone come in for a visit when every they want.
    Last edited by ticm; Aug 03, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors