smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
If you have the maps it should not too hard to find. I hunt for bottles in the Tennessee River too, but it is a hit or miss for me. I have found one old city dump and still if good bottles every time I go. I just get into the area and fan them out with my hand. Alabear

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish finder..............

OP
OP
Skrimpy

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
ALABEAR said:
If you have the maps it should not too hard to find. I hunt for bottles in the Tennessee River too, but it is a hit or miss for me. I have found one old city dump and still if good bottles every time I go. I just get into the area and fan them out with my hand. Alabear

Actually Ala, it's not in the Tennessee River Basin but the Cheasepeak Watershed, all the way up in NY. The reservoir was built however with TRVA money in response to a serious flood. I just don't know exactly where the houses are/were and was wondering if there was an easy way to locate the homestead dump without having to fool around digging test pits under the water. It would probably take numerous dives...

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
Skrimpy said:
ALABEAR said:

Actually Ala, it's not in the Tennessee River Basin but the Cheasepeak Watershed, all the way up in NY. The reservoir was built however with TRVA money in response to a serious flood. I just don't know exactly where the houses are/were and was wondering if there was an easy way to locate the homestead dump without having to fool around digging test pits under the water. It would probably take numerous dives...If you have the map could you use a GPS unit to find the spot :dontknow: Alabear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread