Bass Assassin 2

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a cabin at a very lonely beach on the west coast in a very depressed rural county. The area was one of the first settled in the PNW due to the abundance of natural resources, oysters, fisheries and above all timber...and as you know, those counties are the first to be hit and the last to recover in a recession. To this day if I want crab or clams I can literally go outside and dig/pick up what I want all the while carrying on a conversation with my grandson who is playing in the front yard. The area is also one of those places where Indian villages turned over time into settler communities which today are very small "Norman Rockwell" type towns... Post Office, one store, one bar. It is the kind of place where everybody knows everybody's dogs name. And people have deep roots there too. I can go into the bar and have a conversation with folks who are descendants of the very first white settler families AND at the same time descendants of the local Indian band. After 50 years coming there, I am still one of the "new guys."

...so picking up where I left off....

After my middle son picked up that "Beggs" bottle....(whose ingredients included alcohol, surprise, surprise.) I went back there the very next week to scout around in the day time. This time, no rain, no wind...beautiful weather (which on the coast can turn on you like a race car driver in a demolition derby), I am walking along hunting for agates and what have you when I approach the same spot where we found that bottle. The actual beach itself is a mix of sandy spots, gravel spots, deep mud and flat expanses of clay. Where we found the previous bottle was one of those clay banks that have washed down over time to be almost level with the beach. As I approach the EXACT same spot, I look down and BAM..right there at my feet is this beauty. I didn't have to pry it up, it was loose among the stones, just sitting there like it was waiting for me.

Dr Jayne's carminative balsam...seamed up to the shoulders, very irregular blown lip...the active ingredients in this bottle were morphine and alcohol.

Attachments

• DSC03331.JPG
    DSC03331.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 111

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I'm really liking the suspense you have threaded into this story. You have me on the edge of my seat

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
glad you like it ....it is all for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread