Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The seam goes on both sides all the way up the lip on this bottle but the base looks like a totally separate piece.This was found several years ago at Vanderbilt Hospital during a renovation and given to my husband by the project manager of the job.The only markings on the bottle is the letter C 125 embossed on the bottom.There is as mark I guess on the bottom of the bottle(pontal mark possibly or just a chip?)

image.jpg

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen a pontil mark on the side of a bottle but, then again I've not seen every bottle ever made. I think what you have is a chip or as some others might call a "bruise". My guess looking at your picture is that it is turn of the century.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It probably isn't a pontil mark then but I thought the design of it was pretty cool.The bottle is soaking now in a Clorox and water solution and maybe I can tell more about it.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Coily,

If' you're thinking that circular bruise on the heel is a pontil, that would require another think.

Have you visited Bill Lindsey's great SHA site? May I suggest a prolonged visit. You will learn a lot.

On the above page, you can see illustrative coverage of a broad spectrum of base styles. I cannot recommend that site strongly enough to people seeking to learn about old bottles.

bases.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread