• my bottles.JPG
    my bottles.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 152

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow Bill. Those are amazing. Were they found/dug? Not that it matters but if dug please tell us more! Very nice , thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy the history you get to play in!!!!! Those are beautiful!!! Thanx Bill..... HH

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Oh, man! Nice bottles! I love the mallet in front, between the two 'Dutch' onions. I found the neck of a Bellarmine - with the face - in a SC river, but I couldn't find any of the body. You've done well.

Florida is not the place to find much intact black glass, but Guyana is the place with the soft river-bottom sediments. Any of the seals traceable or datable?

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Gadzooks, Bill!

Great Glass and Stoneware! I hope you'll treat us to more photos of those beauties, and their backstories, too, please. That Bellarmine, and those Dutch gins are really appealing to me, to say nothing of that plate, cuz it is playing second fiddle to the fantastic front row.

I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more…

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my gosh! So jealous of those beauties! Those pipes have unnaturally long stems for dug tavern pipes, were they dug? Either way I have one word for you, AWESOME!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw some beautiful Colonial bottles at the CW show here a few months ago,a guy from Maine had them and I was loving the onion bottles he had.Thats a very nice collection you have there Bill.

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my gosh! So jealous of those beauties! Those pipes have unnaturally long stems for dug tavern pipes, were they dug? Either way I have one word for you, AWESOME!

All my pipes were all dug. But as you know, its virtually impossible to dig a complete pipe from a pit. Sometimes a fairly long stem will still be attached to the bowl. And the long one in the pic was actually reconstructed when I was lucky enough to match up a couple of long stems. Its hard to do that when you're recovering more than 100 stem pieces from a single hole.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
All my pipes were all dug. But as you know, its virtually impossible to dig a complete pipe from a pit. Sometimes a fairly long stem will still be attached to the bowl. And the long one in the pic was actually reconstructed when I was lucky enough to match up a couple of long stems. Its hard to do that when you're recovering more than 100 stem pieces from a single hole.

haha i'd kill for even ten pipe stem fragments! lol i'll post pics later of my pipes :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread