Live Dig at an 1800s Farm Dump for Bottles

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
common sense would tell ya burying ya money next to a well is a bad idea....but there it was....

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked anything up on line? Have you gone to the library? The local offices for land ownership/property/deeds- archives? None of us are there on your site with you, and like Gator said, I wish I were there to take over, but this is your bag. A surface hunt is not a dig. A probe will help you find things that are not on the surface of the ground. THINK about what you're doing and trying to achieve- what you're trying to find. Do you own a metal detector? Have you tried using it anywhere near these spots? Have you figured out which way is south- and not just 'right'? Is there a place that's particularly pretty? Where people would enjoy hanging out as in family gathering or whatnot? Is there a pre-dominantly downwind place? (that would be a good location for a privy). Often lilacs are planted near privies too.

It's one thing to got for a walk in the woods and poke around. I do a lot of that, and I enjoy it! I walk along rivers and up and down mountains- all sorts of places. But non of those activities is a dig. And I would hesitate to post my ramblings on anything other than a personal blog.

I'm fully aware that I'm probably coming off as a little harsh, but the fact is, you really need to help yourself more. Spoon-feeding you information about how to search a site, the history of your area, etc., etc., isn't going to help you understand anything. I don't know if you picked up on any of the frustration here (maybe I only speak for myself), but again, the fact is, you're acting like a kid who hasn't studied for an exam- and then wondering why they got a bad grade. You need to do your homework. :icon_study: There are so many resources on line- really. I suspect what you need to know is not in the form of an 'App'. So use a computer and look up all the words people here have suggested to you. :idea1: Take notes. Learn things. Take that knowledge with you to your site(s) and apply it. If and when you do this, we're all going to be here to cheer you on and offer advice, but the first step in really understanding your spot- your rock piles- is up to you.

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you the very best of luck. I'm looking forward to seeing some posts and some still pictures of your progress. Now get to work! :boxing: :icon_thumright: Yakker

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I can't dig it is near zero and the ground is under two feet of snow. Not trying to be a new guy but what is a probe? I've heard it often on this website.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you might imagine, it's a thin metal stick that you poke (or probe...) into the ground to feel if there's something un-like dirt down there. Look... try something like this-- the art of google

using a probe to find bottles (a google search)

(and now the results- as found on my trusty computer)

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...pv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=using a probe to find bottles

If I may be so bold... how old are you? Your age may explain a thing or two... I could be wrong. And no, I don't want to be that old grump wagging their finger at you, but really... Do you know how to google things? Do you know what a 'key word' or phrase is?

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bear_facepalm_by_akgaimer-d3bkgsu.png

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha... Thanks for typing what I was thinking yackker.
It's like.... Aaaarrrrrrr! Lol

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either you're trying to make a joke that's not really funny or you really don't read just go back a couple posts and you'll know exactly what the answer to your question is... I'm under the impression you must be using a computer to keep posting here correct? ... I suggest you use it to help yourself a little... I will be happy to help if you start asking some questions that make it look like you've done a little leg work on your own.. Right now it just seems like you're looking for attention

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread