JJ Moran Beverage Co

dadigger42

Apr 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.J. Moran and son Bottle

Anyone know any history about this bottler of beverages from Hazleton PA? I believe they started in 1872. I found a blue & white screened bottle recently, but I can't find any history about the company.

I just found a old green Moran's Premium Beverage bottle and I cant find any history either so if you find any please let me know [email protected]

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello & Welcome,

I think it's then incumbent upon you to show us a few photos of this elusive bottle. What year is it? All the examples I just saw were ACL's.

"*May 13 JOHN J. MORAN & Sons Bottling Works opens for business." Hazleton Area Towns and History

According to Polk's Directory (1914) the firm was then: "McHugh & Moran (Morris McHugh, John J Moran) Bottlers, Broad & Lincoln
McHugh, Morris (McHugh & Moran), h 562 N Vine" Hazleton City Directory 1914

Herman Dinklocker was there at the start: "Herman Dinklocker, aged 66 years, one of West Hazleton's most esteemed residents, died at 10:30 o'clock last night at the Hazleton State Hospital of complications following an operation which he underwent on his admission to the institution yesterday morning.

$T2eC16h,!)sE9swmcNCUBR(fZ1jJmg~~60_57.JPG
Hazleton PA Mchuch Moran Hutchinson Soda Bottle | eBay

Mr. Dinklocker was born in Jersey City, and came to West Hazleton at the age of sixteen. He has been in employ of John J. Moran as a bottler for the past thirty-six years, and lived at 217 East Green Street, in the borough." Herman Dinklocker

Moran apparently bottled Frostie Root Beer at some point. OLD VG FROSTIE ROOT BEER SODA BOTTLE HAZLETON PA 12oz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread