Bedford, MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro;
BH Tracker IV ;
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a few bottles during yesterday's river hunt. Found a "Boston Club Beverages" bottle. Can't fin anything about it on the Internet. Any help would be appreciated.
Also I am new at collecting bottle. Don't specifically look for them but always find them while metal detecting. Any recommendation on how to clean this one. The label seems "painted". Was in the mud for decades. What's the best way to clean it without damaging the paint?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick
20160710_231842.jpg

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would steer clear of scrubbing that label. Clean the inside and out with soap/water/brushes/copper/whatever you normally use and then let the label dry out completely and just use a brush dry. Like a paint brush.

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
It's listed in the 1925 Boston business directory at 4 Baird St Dorchester. Not much information out there about this company. I've never seen one of their bottles before.

OP
OP
P

pax_in_ma

Dec 21, 2014
Bedford, MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro;
BH Tracker IV ;
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's listed in the 1925 Boston business directory at 4 Baird St Dorchester. Not much information out there about this company. I've never seen one of their bottles before.

Thanks CJE. Used your lead to continue my search. The 1922 Boston Register and Business Directory has the Boston Club Bottling Co. at 1153 Blue Hill Avenue, Boston. Could not find ANYTHING else. Company might have been short lived or the bottle has no collectible value.
Really like the bottle though. I'll post a full picture once it's cleaned.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any embossing on the bottom of the bottle such as numbers, or manufacturer marks?

OP
OP
P

pax_in_ma

Dec 21, 2014
Bedford, MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro;
BH Tracker IV ;
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any embossing on the bottom of the bottle such as numbers, or manufacturer marks?

Yes. Please see attached pictures.

Attachments

• 1468288099207.jpg
    1468288099207.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 1468288120332.jpg
    1468288120332.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1468288137531.jpg
    1468288137531.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 83

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
It's certainly collectible, that should clean up no problem, it's a nice acl. My guess is it dates to right around 1935-40...

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Try a little 409 or similar cleaner on a q-tip on a small spot at the corner of the acl, if it's solid you can clean it up fairly easy using Bar Keeper's Friend and a sponge...

OP
OP
P

pax_in_ma

Dec 21, 2014
Bedford, MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro;
BH Tracker IV ;
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I followed 2Screwed's lead and contacted Chris Weide. Here is what he had to say:

"Never seen it before. Company was founded in 1921 and located on Hill street. In 1935 the company was at 4 Baird Street. By 1940s, the company was in Dorchester at 162 Talbot. By the 1940s it was owned by a guy named Harry Haletky with Sol Haletky as president. As far as the date of your bottle you can determine that by looking for a tiny letter code just below the lip of the bottle. Usually have to hold it up to the light to find it. R=1946 (go forward or backward from there depending on the letter you find.)

I’m working (slowly) on my Massachusetts Soda bottling company book and should be ready in a couple of years. That would be very helpful for you hobby of researching your finds. My VT/NH/ME books are already done and on Amazon.
"

The letter on my bottle is V so that would be 1950. :-)

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All things considered, it's a beautiful ACL with the eagle on there and everything, undoubtedly an awesome piece.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pax; Talbot Ave is now located in the Dorchester Section of Boston. That Company started in the Roxbury Section of Boston then moved to Dorchester. Today Talbot Ave in Roxbury is the poor black section of Boston. A very violent area for sure. Inn the 1930's it was an all White Irish section. Boston is basically divided along Ethnicity Lines. Roxbury is Black & Hispanic, Jamaica Plain is the Spanish Section, Dorchester is mixed Irish, Black & Hispanic, South Boston, ( Southie), is the Irish Section, The North End is Italian, East Boston, ( EASTIE), is Italian and Hispanic Mix. I hope this helps with the Demographics Research. I'm from Southie. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread