High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite three loop jar and the I in Improved is missing. Caught this when cleaning it up.

Error.JPG

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dozen of the lids in a box got from a garage estate sale, just happened by so stopped in. In its original box .

OP
OP
No gold in NY

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The only explanation is the “I” in the mold was filled. If you check carefully, you are likely to find at least a little distortion where the “I” should be.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
No gold in NY

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
The only explanation is the “I” in the mold was filled. If you check carefully, you are likely to find at least a little distortion where the “I” should be.

Time for more coffee.

Nope! looked at all angles and different light reflections and from the back. The glass is as smooth as a babies cheek.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Still, a filled mold is the only explanation.

Time for more coffee.

Not the only explanation, the mold maker probably simply forgot to add the I. Mold errors on old glass are not uncommon, missing letters, misspelled words, backwards and even an upside down letter have been known to happen.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is a known error, in fact....I too have dug one. I will post it when I get back from my cross country trip.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually... no need to go home. I have actually posted about this on treasure.net a few years ago... here are some screen shots of my jar. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529385992.878695.jpg . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529386003.730515.jpg

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is probably the granddaddy of all mold errors, this mold maker had a really bad day.

upside down Ball jar.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
No gold in NY

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the only explanation, the mold maker probably simply forgot to add the I. Mold errors on old glass are not uncommon, missing letters, misspelled words, backwards and even an upside down letter have been known to happen.

That's what I think. Perhaps they work backward on the words. When it came to the I, it was time to go home or for lunch, or... then someone came along and collected the molds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread