Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the one I believe is a case gin. I was wondering what the round example read on the bottom. This reminds me of Rexkwondo on Napoleon Dynamite, "Grab my arm. Other arm. My other arm!"

I don't know what you're talking about, but I liked your comment for the Napoleon Dynamite reference.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a bottle I found this week at the dump site I have been working on since I relocated it last oct 2019.It is about 8 inches tall and 2.5 inches round On the bottom it is embossed No1 The shoulder at the neck appears to be off center also. Any one have an idea when this contained ? Thanks IMG_0370.JPG 1816003[/ATTACH] IMG_0378.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are already in the 4th month of 2020. And with all that is going on digging old bottles is far from as important as take care of our health and doing the same for our families and friends as much as possible .Digging by myself is as close as I can get to maintaining a safe distance from others March has been a wet and cool month here Even when it is not raining it has rarely been sunny more more than a few hours a day .So mud has been the word of he day quite often .tIn order to not be out and about I have been cleaning some of the bottles I have recovered so far I do not have a count but it has increased my collection by more than 50 % I would guess .I have included a few pictures of just the beer and sodas I have collected over the past several months Many are items that are new to my collection .And I have been lucky to find variations of the same company at the same time So I keep digging if I can. It keeps my mind of of the problems we all face .And it keeps me active which my Doctor insists is important to my own health Refinding this spot and being allowed by the owner to dig has been a real satisfaction to me Hope you all keep safe IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0408.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking I know that I have not found anything that is from the 1840's thru the 1860 ,1870 so far. I have a lot of area left yet to dig and I think I could come up with something that old But I am having fun finding what I have so far For example I have found about 7 or 8 different beer/soda bottles from different companies .A couple of them had broken tops so i did not keep them And a few of those companies I found several variations of bottles .It has been the best spot I ever dug in my life .Until the last 10 /11 years I was more of a causal digger I would dig if I was out doing something else and came across something I join Tnet about 3 years ago .I have a lot to learn about all things that are involved with metal detecting /bottle digging etc .But I am having fun learning .And this is a great place to learn So thank you all !

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About six weeks have gone by since I was at this site The weather during that time has been rainy so I was expecting muddy conditions I IMG_0528.jpg IMG_0533.JPG t was wet but not as bad as I thought it would be .In about 90 minutes I had about 15 finds A few of those had broken tops and I had 2 that came out in 2 pieces.This group has some color to it purple, green, brown and some nice aqua items also .I like the small multi sided pair On the bottom it is embossed Mc Neil Med Co Harrisburg PA .And even though it is plain the large medicine bottle is a nice addition to my collection

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to my favorite digging spot today A few hours digging and a few more new items that I had never dug before The first one out was the green HI Ball Beverages and the last one out was the jug .Spent over an hour removing all kinds of metal scrap for around it . I suppose that is why it was still in one piece It had been nestled in a cage Today was the best digging conditions I had all this y IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0586.JPG ear The area was dry but not hard as a rock dry and some places it was just enough moisture to make progress when removing the top layer of dirt that covers the entire area

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well glass half fool.....I've really enjoyed following along on your adventure !! Keep up the great work, I think all of us would enjoy digging that spot !! I love the jug...what a beauty. Congrats and happy hunting !!

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BLAK bart That jug is only the second ceramic container I have ever dug .And the first one was from the same general area of where this one was .This spot is a bottomless pit At 4 feet I am not to the bottom yet I would guess I have not dug much more than 5 to 10 %There is alot of large pieces of bottles that start out looking good and as you uncover then they turn out broken But the deeper I get the more whole items I find .I do not yet know what the history of the jug may be I can find no markings to indicate a company .It does have a hair line crack as far as I can tell down the center of the one side You need to look closely but it is there . I can tell you I spent an hour slowly removing rocks burnt and rusty thin metal wooden barrel straps and lots of broken glass plus wire for good measure .I realized almost as soon as I first uncovered it that it was a ceramic item of some sort and within about 10 minutes I knew that it might be a jug that was in one piece It was slow going and easy does it just to keep from banging my tools against it . When it finally was free from it's cage I lifted it out and put it on the ground and took several pictures so I would have proof I actually had it for a little while.I cleaned up my tools and headed for home .This spot is amazing Every time I dig I find something I did not have before Just this time I dug 7 items I never had before The whole journey has been tale of over 10 years in the making and several people have played important roles in allowing it to happen They are the real story here not the old items I have found as a result of their kindness towards allowing me access to their property to dig

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's slow dig as described under a post listed in Todays Find's was as much a result of a lot of large broken bottles as a lack of things I uncovered .Shown here are just three of about 10 beer/soda size bottle with broken necks or large cracks in them Al three shown on the picture are new to me at this site .I known broken bottles are part of digging. But a couple of these would have been welcome additions to my collection .Maybe next time .And I did find an ax head today .That is something I always hoped for .As I have several tools related to cutting wood and and lumber making tools .I could not find any makers marks but it was made by a blacksmith Thanks for looking IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0616.JPG

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it has been about 2 weeks since i posted anything new from my spot I have been digging since Oct of 2019 Bad weather (some hot days ) rain and hail included in that .Other priorities Like finishing my three year running rock wall landscaping project Anyway got out for a short dig yesterday Did not find much in glass but a couple other items where in the area i was digging yesterday The ax head was found just as I was finishing the last time .It cleaned up pretty good Yesterdays metal included a part to an old door opener .A piece of cast iron that has Oliver 40 on it A small piece of ornate bronze I guess and a small brass shoe buckle I think .Not shown I am IMG_0663.jpg still trying to clean both of them up some . And a few bottles are also on the picture Since I only had a short time yesterday I hope to go later in the week.THANKS FOR LOOKING !!

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started this dig in Oct 2019 I did not know how much area it covered.I took a guess and started digging .At about 2 feet I started finding items and at about 3 feet I was finding things on a regular basis .Now however my dirt pile was 3 feet high and my hole was about an equal distance deep So the problem was I needed to move my pile so I had some place to pile more dirt .So the last few times out I have been spending most of the time just shoveling dirt I had already piled up for previous digging .Finally yesterday I had moved enough dirt that I was able to go deeper . After about 2 hours the sun had taken it's toll on me But I was moving fresh dirt that was down 4 feet from the original level at this start of this endeavor View attachment 1842444 View attachment IMG_0672.jpg . I did not come up with much to take home .But it seemed like the amount of broken glass was increasing and I fund the digging was going a bit easier .I think that is due to the soil not being packed as hard And being that deep the frost line and the water filtering down are not factors in compaction After a couple of digs that mostly where just moving dirt I had already moved once I am ready to start moving fresh dirt I THINK I will be adding more items to the list of bottles I have recovered from this site during my next few visits The middle bottle of the 3 Pinkham's bottle is the one I found yesterday . The other 2 where from the same general location during previous digging

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a plant, native to the North American contingent Some claim that it has medicinal values What was sold under the name Dr. Piecres Extract of Smartweed had opium as it's main ingredient. I have about 15 blob beer/soda bottles I found but only 2 are brown/amber

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally I was planning to go out to the site at the beginning of the week .But hot humid weather along with thundershowers changed my plan . Today with a nice breeze going and temps in the low 80's should be a better day .It has not rained for about 30 hours and I am hoping it is not real muddy Starting out the day I was hopeful of some good finds and maybe a couple of new bottles to add to my listSo I was able to find a few new to my collection first timers . It was not a lot recovered today .But if I lacked in total numbers I possibly made up for them by finding a one of a kind flask . On the front is a man playing either guitar or the bagpipes And it is embossed with BALT MD .On the other side is the same man dancing I think .I View attachment 1844272 View attachment 1844273 View attachment 1844274 View attachment 1844274

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya....I think that's a really good one....hope someone knows more....need some better/more pics !! Congrats !!

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blak .Thanks for going along on my journey It has been what I thought it might be all those years .I spoke with the owner today before leaving .They have been gracious and helpful. And to all those on tnet that have helped me when IT was obvious I had no idea what I was talking about thanks for your willingness to help me learn . All you guys have been great Iill try to get some better picture tomorrow I took about 20 today but did not get any that are clear enough to show the detail on the embossing

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are two other items I found yesterday that are interesting to me The soda bottle was in one piece as I was digging it out .But I could hear it cracking as I got closer to have it free .It was standing nearly upright so it more likely was affected by freezing and thawing temps .This would be a bottle that I had no prior example of . And the neck from the small medicine bottle with it 's green color . In my entire experience of digging I had never seen this color glass . Yes it is a small piece.But I would think there just might be some intact whole bottle yet to be found there in that color.The soda bottle has Neuweiler embossed on the front On the bottom it has 121/2 oz under that is 26N i think Based on the top it is a rather old bottle Yet I have not come across any while digging here or any where else. Can anyone fill in any info on either of t View attachment IMG_0727.jpg View attachment IMG_0727.jpg hese two items

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread