11 DD coil for fisher F2 and F4 fits all bounty hunter models.

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
will the "DD" coil get better depth than the stock one???

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep does the DD go

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure in mild ground it is deeper than 8" coil but would excel on mineralized grd and less time spent Grd balancing in general

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK he just purchased it give him another 3 months to reply.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not the original poster but I have used the 11" DD coil with both a Fast Tracker and Tracker IV. Hands down, it is my favorite coil for my BH machines. I used to use the 10" coil but switched to the DD. I cannot say that I am getting any more depth than the 10" but I find it much easier to pinpoint and the larger sweep area is so nice.

Doug

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would think that because of the difference in operating frequencies, 5.9 for the Fishers and 6.8 for the Bountyhunters, that the performance of the DD coil on the BH models would be lacking as the coil is wound and calibrated for the lower frequency. Just my 2 cents...

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread I know, but I believe the only difference in all the different biaxial coils they put out is the value of the damping resistor used for each to tune to each detectors frequency.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The "coil frequency" urban mythology that arose during the 1970's and earlier still hasn't gone away, even though for 21 years now there have been mainstream metal detectors that operate at multiple frequencies simultaneously.

During the late 1980's when we were developing the Fisher CZ's (5 and 15 kHz), before there were searchcoils designed specifically for the CZ, we prototyped using "old Gold Bug" (19 kHz) searchcoils.

--Dave J.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "coil frequency" urban mythology that arose during the 1970's and earlier still hasn't gone away, even though for 21 years now there have been mainstream metal detectors that operate at multiple frequencies simultaneously.

During the late 1980's when we were developing the Fisher CZ's (5 and 15 kHz), before there were searchcoils designed specifically for the CZ, we prototyped using "old Gold Bug" (19 kHz) searchcoils.

--Dave J.

I was wondering about that myself Dave. As you said, multiple frequency detectors and not to mention the number of detectors with a frequency shift option. Why then is there such a disparity in prices for the different 11" biaxial coils?

Right now they seem to range from $127 for the F2/F4 to $180 for the T2.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
In general, higher performance searchcoils have higher materials and labor cost than do lower performance searchcoils. Economies of scale are another factor. And as with any product, the price structure at the retail level depends in part on how costs are allocated for distribution, which vary according to the trademark and distribution channel for that trademark.

--Dave J.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A monoloop concentric coil will shoot deeper than a Double D every time - no?

PS - Will the 4" coil for the F2 fit all Bounty Hunter models?

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Monos are only on PI's; a few monos are also concentric for example the old Impulse searchcoil. I'll leave discussion of the merits of monos vs. DD's up to guys with more PI experience than I have.

All VLF's use induction balance searchcoils. The two most common geometries are concentric and DD. Which "goes deeper" depends on which specific searchcoil, what the environmental conditions are, how the customer is using the machine, and what's down there waiting to be detected.

The F2 4 inch coil is electrically from the legacy BH lineup, but nowadays uses a T2 type connector. So for a BH you want the 4 incher that's specified for BH. The earliest F2/4 machines had a push-on connector and those will work on the legacy BH's.

The BH Platinum and Gold electrical platform is related to the Tek Fratbros ("Greek") series and the 4 incher will not work on those.

--Dave J.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So to bring up and old question new for me. "Should the new 11" DD on a BH 505 technically locate deeper than say a 4" or 8" given the user does his part and mineralization is avg. or high. I've just purchased the 11" DD from Kellyco for a 505. My typ. soil in my AO could vary from sandy, to loamy to hard clay. Please keep in mind I'm still a rookie.

BruceBanfield

Mar 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I just purchased a Fisher F4 11" DD coil from the Detector Experts on Amazon. Got it the next day. The problem is the connector is Female. So is the connector on my Bounty Hunter Platinum. So why is everyone saying this fits? Is there are Male to female connector converter? I referenced this site when I bought it thinking you guys knew what was up. Anyone want to throw an answer out?

Thanks

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look two posts up where woof! says "The earliest F2/4 machines had a push-on connector and those will work on the legacy BH's"

The later versions had screw-in style connectors.

The push in coils are male - the screw-in coils are female. So if your new 11DD female screw-in will not fit....I assume you have a push in style F4.

If that is the case...yes...use an adapter. Search Ebay for Cors Coil Adapter and you are on your way to success.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One source of confusion is the terminology - "push on" vs. 'Screw in"

They all push in. One kind, that's it, you're done. The other kind, there is a metal locking collar that screws down on threads on the outside of the detector connector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread