Finding Gold w/BH Platinum Detector?

ldweber51

Jan 11, 2011
Greetings!

Bounty Hunter Platinum users. Has anyone found a way to tell if & when a gold target has been found? Will a gold item trigger a 2-digit numerical number & hold it, i guess what i'm getting to is, when you find trash, the 2-digit numerical number can fly all over the place. From Iron to Zinc sometimes. These hits' I've been ignoring.

Any tips would be much appreciated as I become more comfortable with my new BH Platinum.

Thanking you in advance, Larry...

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The only way you can tell if something is gold is to dig. Because gold comes in all sizes & shapes, often mixed with other metals in the case of most jewelry, almost any number could be a gold number. From foil to nickel to pulltab mostly. Some larger rings could read higher.

As to if a gold item stays fixed on a number, that would depend on if it was strong enough in relation to the ground minerals. Most detectors can beep to a greater depth than they can ID accurately. Best wishes, George (MN)

billohio6248

Apr 20, 2008
Cumming Georgia
I have had my Platinum for a year and have not found any gold but my areas to hut are limited. I have tested it on my wife's gold ring as well as 3 other gold rings and it always registers 55. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread