Customer Service @ Bounty Hunter (First Texas Products LLC )

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Wow I contacted Customer Service @ Bounty Hunter (First Texas Products LLC ) told them my new BH tracker IV did not come with the arm strap and that I would like to have one as a disabled veteran I needed to use one, and offered to pay for it.

Instead they contacted me today asked for my mailing address and said one was on the way ! now how cool is that ,

THANKS BH / First Texas Products LLC !!

peacepipecarver

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2013
Perry County PA
Detector(s) used
BHTR
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had better luck with FTP LLC than i did. After calling and emailing with FTP, I sent my detector back to them as it didnt work correctly right out of the box. The depth meter wasnt working correctly...it would read 6" on a surface coin or one waved by the coil. SADLY, my detector was returned to me (supposedly repaired) with the same issue. I also told them mine didnt come with a strap...they charged me for a strap.....I personally call them "Mickey Mouse Labs". They never sent me anything (an email..as they had my email addy) stating they received my detector for repairs, nothing on the status of repairs, no tracking number to check its return..no nothing. i received my detector this morning. I sent them an email stating once again the same issues with the detector

As i was typing this...i received a call from FTP (Mickey Mouse Labs). To make a long story short....i am to send this back and they are to send me a new unit(as per my request)

I received this for Christmas....and still havent been able to go MDing :-( and it'll be another couple weeks till i get one SIGH

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you had better luck with FTP LLC than i did. After calling and emailing with FTP, I sent my detector back to them as it didnt work correctly right out of the box. The depth meter wasnt working correctly...it would read 6" on a surface coin or one waved by the coil. SADLY, my detector was returned to me (supposedly repaired) with the same issue. I also told them mine didnt come with a strap...they charged me for a strap.....I personally call them "Mickey Mouse Labs". They never sent me anything (an email..as they had my email addy) stating they received my detector for repairs, nothing on the status of repairs, no tracking number to check its return..no nothing. i received my detector this morning. I sent them an email stating once again the same issues with the detector

As i was typing this...i received a call from FTP (Mickey Mouse Labs). To make a long story short....i am to send this back and they are to send me a new unit(as per my request)

I received this for Christmas....and still havent been able to go MDing :-( and it'll be another couple weeks till i get one SIGH
..What model detector do you have ?? BH.. Tek.. Fisher..?

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is the one thing I have to give nothing but praise for...they fixed my machines 3 times and charged me "0"...All it cost me was shipping to Texas...
Wish I could say the same for Minelab

HH,

peacepipecarver

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2013
Perry County PA
Detector(s) used
BHTR
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BH Time Ranger......lol i want to go MDing so bad...i went out in my yard with my garrett propointer the other day......found some nails

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter is cool I had a fisher f2 partner company detector repaired once by them no charge there service is good.

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Suffolk Co. Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BH Discovery 2200

I have been trying to talk to someone other than the operator at FTP. Bounty Hunter rep is Ms R.M. been trying for days, also sent email so far not getting any response.

Received a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 for Christmas, and operated great until now, will not even turn on. (yes tried new batteries and they are in the correct way). Getting disappointed.

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't even bother with sending an email. I'm still waiting for responses from 2 emails I sent them in the middle of Feb. Best thing is to call I guess.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been trying to talk to someone other than the operator at FTP. Bounty Hunter rep is Ms R.M. been trying for days, also sent email so far not getting any response.

Received a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 for Christmas, and operated great until now, will not even turn on. (yes tried new batteries and they are in the correct way). Getting disappointed.

Ruby is good. However the office staff are in the middle of moving into new offices and for a couple days a lot of things that would normally be taken care of quickly, won't be. There more to it than just moving furniture, there's also getting phones installed and getting everyone connected into the IT network. My recommendation is to be disappointed a little longer (they're not enjoying the move either) and try again next week.

Ah, next week, that's when engineering dept. has to move! I detest moving, but at least it's growing pains, not shrinking pains.

--Dave J.

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dave for the heads up. Do you work there? How did you find this out?

Anyway, After my post yesterday I called again and was able to talk to Ruby and got my RA#. My unit is now on the way. If the engineering dept. is moving next week my unit should be there shortly after. I will not hold my breath for a quick return. (if I can) I have the hunting fever now and have no machine.....:censored:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FTP i had to deal with them a couple of times and had a good experience...all problems fixed, and they( Felix ) treated me right .
Gary

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the encouragement Gary.....
If I'm ever up in your area, I will give ya a call.

Last edited:

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received conformation that FTP has signed for receiving my unit on Monday morning. updates to follow....

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anyone give me what your avarage turn around time was for FTP repairs?
I know I am a little impatient....:sad11:

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took them 4 weeks to get me my platinum back. This was after numerous calls and emails went unanswered. Told me ultimately everything was fine on my unit after many tests. Got it back and sold it immediately. Bought a different unit for multiple reasons. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with their service

Icandigit2

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if you could help me out with an address,E-Mail and a phone number for Bounty Hunter[First Texas Products LLC],,,Your help would be much appreciated.

Icandigit2

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if you could help me out with an address,E-Mail and a phone number for Bounty Hunter[First Texas Products LLC],,,Your help would be much appreciated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread