BH Time Ranger Coil Replacement

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
IT can't hurt. Most Bounty Hunter coils are interchangeable, I bought an 8" coil for the Pioneer EX that I used to have and had no problems. I also bought the 4" and 10" and did not notice any problem.
Ron

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
I HAVE A TIME RANGER AND IT WAS SENT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR THE FIRST OLDER VERSION AND THE STOCK COIL STOPPED WORKING ALSO IT HAD A SHORT WHERE THE WIRE WENT INTO THE HEAD AND IT WOULD SHUT OFF . IF I UNPLUGGED IT THEN IT WOULD COME ON AND THE 4 INCH COIL WOULD WORK SENT IT BACK AND THEY SENT ME A NEW UNIT AGAIN NOT AFTER PAYING FOR SENDING BOTH UNITS BACK AT 16.00 PER UNIT IT WORKS GREAT NOW

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've got a time ranger that came with the 4 inch coil. From what I've read, the 4 inch has to be matched with the unit to work effectively, so I would say try it, if it doesn't work, then you will know. Good luck Sniffer

Alabaster

Jan 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Ace 350
Update: I replaced the coil with the stock coil from a cheaper model. I phoned up BH and they told me it was the same coil for both models.

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
Alabaster said:
Update: I replaced the coil with the stock coil from a cheaper model. I phoned up BH and they told me it was the same coil for both models.

I have read a zillion post that say the coils have to be "tuned" to the machine. I have also read a zillion post that say they are interchangeable. Well. I took a 4 inch coil off an old Quick Silver and put it on my Discovery 2200 (which is less than 6 months old) and it air tested the same as the stock 8 inch coil that came with the Discovery. The 4 inch is solid while the 8 inch is open faced.
They are both coils of wire, they don't seem to have a mind of their own, and the machine don't seem to care either. Both work the same and work great.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
maybe I need to try the 4 inch on my time ranger and use it for trash sites

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread