Dec 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya If those are the only 2, ur looking at garret would be my choice. There are alot more out there aswell

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing wrong with the 2500. It's a a solid performing machine and it'll go just as deep or deeper than many other detectors. The imaging feature is pretty cool and can keep you from digging certain pieces of trash.
Can be weighty (especially with the larger coil) and the lack of cam locks on the shafts is a little unimpressive but performance is really good.
I hunted side by side with one for a couple of days earlier this year it hit everything my VX3, MXT Pro & AT Pro did and in a few cases ID'd targets better. There's probably a reason it's been Garretts flagship detector for as long as it has.

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
Garrett GTI 2500 vs. Treasure Commander TC3X

Any thoughts on which is the better purchase? the Garrett 2500 is much more expensive new but i can get a used one for the price of this newly released Treasure Commander TC3X with touch screen and gps.

All of your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

The 2500 Garrett GTI is built like a tank and has a 2 year warranty the TC3X only has a one year warranty....
The TC3X may be made in China and from what I could see only had one coil...

After the warranty is up you may not be able to get the TC3X repaired,, stick with detectors made in the USA.

The 2500 in its true all metal mode is deep....

The Garrett AT Pro is hard to beat for the price and its water proof to 10 feet and Garrett is one of the best, when it comes
time for warranty work, if ever needed....
Email or call a good dealer...
BJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread