Whats the Difference

OP
OP
D

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly why I am wanting to know.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to come across wrong, but go to the Garrett website and compare them. That's all you really need to do.

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
The Ace 350 uses 8.25khz frequency, and the 250 is 6.5khz. 350 comes standard with the 8.5x11 DD coil. Search modes: 350 has one called "Zero" (don't know what that is), and the 250 has "All Metal"

Beeping_Rich

Jun 25, 2014
Green Cove Springs, FL
Detector(s) used
Fingers, waiting for my BH Tracker IV to come in....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for more of a bang for the buck answer..which is going to give me the best experience coming into this without a buddy that knows it all.. (side by side comparison to a newbie is like gibberish next to gibberish)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't that much difference, the larger coil will get you more depth.. Difference in freq doesn't make any real difference.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
The 250 Is better for coin hunting and the 350 is better for relics hunting. Don't be fooled by the high number and higher price meaning its overall better, they are 2 different things. If you are wanting to primary hunt coins get the 250 probably a nice used one and get a double d coil after you get a pinpointer. If you are wanting to hunt relics buy the 350 . Here is the reasonings.

Both machines have 12 sections of ID/discrimination. The 350 has 4 segments for iron where the 250 only has one. That is the reason the 350 is better for relics because you have better discrimination of targets containing iron.

The 250 has 7 segments IDed as different possible coins. Where the 350 only has 5 dedicated to coins. And only

Just think about it like this. They both detect the same way they just divide the 12 segments of ID 2 different ways. 250 bunching all the iron together and better dividing higher conductive targets such as coins while the 350 divides iron targets better but combining some of the higher conductive targets together. So you should decide which machine you want based on what you want to hunt the most

View attachment 1067985

View attachment 1067986

The DD coil is nicer then the standard coil on the 250. I have two DD coils for mine but don't make that the deciding factor because you can always change that but you can't change the ID patterns. I got my DD coil used from a dealer here for around $80 so not that big of a deal.

Beeping_Rich

Jun 25, 2014
Green Cove Springs, FL
Detector(s) used
Fingers, waiting for my BH Tracker IV to come in....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you that is what I was going for...I am going to go with the 250.. how does it do with "precious" metals

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread