dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't work the AT Pro So spent even more just to prove to your self it wasn't you. Well guess what it is you, and your Trendy and you know it. All those depth issues you had, maybe your just going deaf.

I'm at a loss on stories of the apt being deeper than the t2. I hunt with 2 guys with atps and 1 with an atg and we compare signals a lot and even they think the t2 is deeper. I think a lot of it is just defending for the sake of some kind of brand loyalty. Seems anybody says anything negative everyone with a Garrett comes to the fight. That being said I still think the atp is a good detector another friend I don't get to hunt with find as much as anyone I know with his. I just don't think they are as deep and let's face it depth is not everything.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont beleive the ATP is deeper than the F75 or the T2.....but i think it is a easier machine to tell trash from treasure with. And i believe, after using all mentioned.....that the AT gold when run in all metal with large coil will find BULLETS and BRASS deeper than the others.....but this is in pretty bad ground, in good ground, who knows? On silver...i would say the First texas machines are deeper....but as mentioned above....depth is only half the battle!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont beleive the ATP is deeper than the F75 or the T2.....but i think it is a easier machine to tell trash from treasure with. And i believe, after using all mentioned.....that the AT gold when run in all metal with large coil will find BULLETS and BRASS deeper than the others.....but this is in pretty bad ground, in good ground, who knows? On silver...i would say the First texas machines are deeper....but as mentioned above....depth is only half the battle!

Are not you the same guy who said the f75 was deeper on another thread and then argued just the opposite on others? Something about a Cadillac escalade and a jeep wrangler? I'm pretty sure that was you.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again.......yes and i also said i drive a jeep...BY CHOICE! And at the time of that post i had never used a Gold! and if you look above .....i still say the f75 is deeper.....but i use the pro over it 75% of the time. I have spots the T2 and F75 are useless because of emi.....maybe the new ones are better...i havent used them. You have misunderstood my earlier post....and since you want to argue....Do you own an AT pro or a Gold????

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And how many Civil War relics have you dug up in Montana? I compared these machines on those as much as coins....

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again.......yes and i also said i drive a jeep...BY CHOICE! And at the time of that post i had never used a Gold! and if you look above .....i still say the f75 is deeper.....but i use the pro over it 75% of the time. I have spots the T2 and F75 are useless because of emi.....maybe the new ones are better...i havent used them. You have misunderstood my earlier post....and since you want to argue....Do you own an AT pro or a Gold????

Exactly here you go again all anyone has,to do is find the thread you started comparing the f75 to the atp. On that one you say you heard about build quality issues but found that not to be true. On this thread you say the oppisite. All anyone has,to do is look. You are just one of a few that argue for the atp even though you have said the same thing yourself you seem not to be a able to stand anybody saying the same thing you yourself said even if worded exactly like you said it. Quite funny actually.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And how many Civil War relics have you dug up in Montana? I compared these machines on those as much as coins....

What does that have to do with anything. I hunt ghost towns from that period and have buckets full of relics.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not argue with someone who has never used the machine .....but the Atpro is built heavier, tougher and stronger than any of the new Fishers.......period. And the only reason i say anything is when people start to refer to the ATpro's as "toys" and cheap......$600 is not cheap! Not to me or most people living in the real world! And if you want pics....i can show you what the ATP has found.....more than i ever dreamed it would. And i have hunted right beside machines 3 times its price and have always held my own.....I am not diehard Garrett, but the two Garrett machines i own are the only two machines i have ever bought that i thought were worth more than i paid.....with the exception of the Compadre, ofcourse!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not argue with someone who has never used the machine .....but the Atpro is built heavier, tougher and stronger than any of the new Fishers.......period. And the only reason i say anything is when people start to refer to the ATpro's as "toys" and cheap......$600 is not cheap! Not to me or most people living in the real world! And if you want pics....i can show you what the ATP has found.....more than i ever dreamed it would. And i have hunted right beside machines 3 times its price and have always held my own.....I am not diehard Garrett, but the two Garrett machines i own are the only two machines i have ever bought that i thought were worth more than i paid.....with the exception of the Compadre, ofcourse!

Where did you get that I've never used one? I have used one for a couple hours and found it awkward and couldn't see the screen very well also did not like the headphone cord slapping my arm. Nothing seriously bad to say about it it is just that there are to many choices to settle for being aggravated by little things such as mentioned.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOOHHH.....i am sorry i take it back......you used one FOR A COUPLE WHOLE HOURS!!! I have somewhere in 500-600 hour range on mine......and about 80-100 hours on the F75......Whatever man.....i am done arguing about it...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOOHHH.....i am sorry i take it back......you used one FOR A COUPLE WHOLE HOURS!!! I have somewhere in 500-600 hour range on mine......and about 80-100 hours on the F75......Whatever man.....i am done arguing about it...

What has me using one or not got to do with you flip flopping your story. I've compared a lot of deep signals with three buddies and their Garrett and we all agree the t2 hits deeper targets that's all I've ever said. I have many hundreds of hours and have found many things but what does that prove nothing. I hope you keep finding great things but that does not change the comparison. So should I have kept using the ATP after finding it uncomfortable because I do this for fun and having a comfortable detector helps me enjoy myself. I don't want to argue either but I have stuck with my story from the beginning. If anyone thinks otherwise check his thread on the head to head forum exact opposite opinion there.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show me and everyone else where i have EVER said the ATpro was deeper than the F75 or T2.......it never happened bud.....think you dreamed that....

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show me and everyone else where i have EVER said the ATpro was deeper than the F75 or T2.......it never happened bud.....think you dreamed that....

That was on fellas thread where he was dissapointed in his t2 and it turned into the atp against the t2 I'm sure you remember I'll find it for you if you want. You should remember because you got really mad then when I pointed it out.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just reread it and you say no deeper than the atp after saying was deeper on the thread you started you asked read it yourself.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is: m aybe you'd like tto buy my F75 ltd? Cause its not finding much the atp missed.....Big coil-forget it! Small coil, better sttay under 85 on sense and above 6 on diisc....if not itt will false your A!# off! Bad thing is at these settings it is no deeper than the atp...and there is no way tp tell a mashed bottle cap ffrom a zinc penny....no way! The atp will give those BC's away everytime! If you could run the Fiisher at fulll throttle or even close, it would be a monster. Also, when turned up the fisher will grab small bits of rusty iron and id 70-85 on them! That sucks! I beleive my f75 will be finding a new home and i might look at a cz-3d to take its place....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just reread it and you say no deeper than the atp after saying was deeper on the thread you started you asked read it yourself.

If you READ IT.....u will see it says "at the settings to make it Stable".......you need to get your facts together before you go accusing people!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you READ IT.....u will see it says "at the settings to make it Stable".......you need to get your facts together before you go accusing people!

My facts stay the same yours seem to curve to the occassion. OK you still say no deeper after saying the opposite on your other thread why didn't you say it that way when you said it was deeper on your thread. I believe it is the Garrett defense mechanism that some get when anything negative is said about the atp.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was defending the ATP against the couple opening posts here.......and i have always said the ATP was built better. Do i need to find that also..?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was defending the ATP against the couple opening posts here.......and i have always said the ATP was built better. Do i need to find that also..?

You need to reread your own thread it say the opposite on this one about build quality. It can't be both ways. This is too small a site to not notice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread