A Thought And Challenge

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I see many many posts on here and it seems most people on this forum act as if they have found cache after cache. The thing is that there are never any pix posted of these finds. I see in some posts people saying that they have found several caches over the years, but wonder where the proof is. It seems this is the only forum I find in T-Net that post after post is made without any finds. So my challenge is to prove that people on here actually find caches.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
not IRS..... I am just saying that is the only forum you see that never has pix of actual finds... people go day after day telling others how to do things or asking how to do things and never post success.. a curious thing!

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
so you find a mason jar of morgan dollars.. lets say even 50.... government is gunna track you down via T-Net and hassle you? BUt they dont hassle the guys who find the 10,000$ coins and post all kinds of pix? Makes no sense.. seems like a smokescreen of excuses to avoid admitting that you have never actually found a jar of coins

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Okay, I found 150 coins buried in my side yard. Unfortunately for me, 148 of them were pennies. The other two were Australian five cent pieces. They are visibly similar to a US penny and were probably circulating as such. I do not have any pictures as I didn't think to take any. Just imagine a grass lawn converted to a lunar landscape. I dug every whisper of the detector hoping to find a similar cache of silver coins, but no go.

Chip V.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
if I found 150 ins in my side yard in a jar.. first thing I would be doing is taking all kinds of pix..... I cant buy that you wouldnt think to take pix of a monumental once in a lifetime find.... as for IRS hounding.. just watched the Jesse James thing on tv.... those guys must be ok with government oppression

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
minton7 said:
if I found 150 ins in my side yard in a jar.. first thing I would be doing is taking all kinds of pix..... I cant buy that you wouldnt think to take pix of a monumental once in a lifetime find.... as for IRS hounding.. just watched the Jesse James thing on tv.... those guys must be ok with government oppression

That Jesse James "show" was a fund raiser.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
OK, I admit that I am a complete failure. Why heck, I can't even spell Caksay. :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

I have found a few caches. Unfortunately, I always wake up before I've had a chance to spend it.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real old timers that made a living treasure hunting would tell you keep your mouth shut.
The IRS can only tax when you sell if you find 100 SILVER AND GOLD COINS THE FIRST YEAR you sell $5000 worth. that is all that is taxable for that year if you never sell IRS can't due squat.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok?

Attachments

• recovered cache.jpg
    recovered cache.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 8 Reales from a  treasure.jpg
    8 Reales from a treasure.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,321
  • recovered cache.jpg
    recovered cache.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 8 Reales from a  treasure.jpg
    8 Reales from a treasure.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,313
K

Kentucky Kache

minton7 said:
I see many many posts on here and it seems most people on this forum act as if they have found cache after cache. The thing is that there are never any pix posted of these finds. I see in some posts people saying that they have found several caches over the years, but wonder where the proof is. It seems this is the only forum I find in T-Net that post after post is made without any finds. So my challenge is to prove that people on here actually find caches.

"Before there were banks people buried their money! There really are buried caches and hoards waiting to be found! Use this forum to discussed lost/buried land treasures."

The above is written under "Cache Hunting" on the forums page. I don't see the word "proof" in there. If admin don't require proof, then why should you worry about it? But, if you want to require proof of everything, post your social security number on the forum. If you don't, you must be lying to everyone here that you are an American citizen.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I didnt ask for sarcasm and the like.... it is just that most people in this forum act like experts.. telling how to find caches... how can you instruct others if you havent found any yourself? Throw personal insults at me if you like, but the point still remains... this is the only forum that does not have pictures posted to document finds.... yes there are some caches in other forums, but none here.... I am all for finding such post hole banks, buried mason jars etc, but it appears that the posts here are pipe dreams and what ifs... with no payday... as for the government, you really think they patrol this forum every day looking for people to track down and tax? They havent done it to the guys finding 10,000$ relices and coins, so why would they do it just to you? No one has yet to answer my challenge... save 1 scanned coin pic that could be from anyplace

K

Kentucky Kache

minton7 said:
No one has yet to answer my challenge... save 1 scanned coin pic that could be from anyplace

Can't you see you're partly the reason for the thing you're complaining about?
You ask for pics and as soon as someone shows one, you try to discredit it. We've been through this before, and we all know how it goes. People like you are not gonna believe. Bottom line.

There is one thing you can prove to yourself. If you think "they" don't patrol this site, put a large cache on here and see.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
guess it isnt paranoia when they really are out to get you LOL

Hard to believe a cache story when all you see is one isolated coin.... thats why I questioned... and again hard to belive IRS.. the guy who found the 100,000$ coin yr before last posted and re posted it and never once said ne thing bout IRS or big brother

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Well Boys, what do you think? Should I oblige Minton or not?

K

Kentucky Kache

minton7 said:
guess it isnt paranoia when they really are out to get you LOL

Hard to believe a cache story when all you see is one isolated coin.... thats why I questioned... and again hard to belive IRS.. the guy who found the 100,000$ coin yr before last posted and re posted it and never once said ne thing bout IRS or big brother

I didn't say anyone was out to get me. But they wouldn't hesitate to get me, or you, if we didn't use our head. If you really believe what you're saying, take my challenge and post a large cache on here. Go ahead.

One isolated coin? I see a pile of treasure.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Well Boys, what do you think? Should I oblige Minton or not?

Of course not. Why is he so interested in others finds? Perhaps he is just someone who likes to antagonize people. Can't carry on a decent conversation with others - always has to be aggresive (challenging?) towards others. Or maybe he IS IRS or some other government stooge. Who knows without proof? Ignore him and carry on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread