Forrest Fenn s treasure - Page 210
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 210 of 221 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3306
Like Tree953Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2017
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    In the TV show Longmire, Season 5 Episode 7 "From this Day Forward" they parody the treasure hunt and show poor, stupid people looking for it and say it was designed to kill people. It kind of made me mad when I saw it. I'm starting to think the writers know something we don't. It was filmed in Santa Fe after all so maybe the writers consulted Fenn for that episode. The show has a poem and everything and they say nobody that knew the guy who hid the treasure believed he actually did it (same as the Fenn treasure). Fenn has been trying to get people to search in Yellowstone and has told people in emails that when he was younger they would all feed the bears and they are harmless and said they'd bathe in the river and some of the pools which sounds crazy because the water temps are hot enough to kill people and they are very acidic. There is that Death in Yellowstone book written in the 1990s so maybe that was his plan, lure people in the backcountry to tragedy. News articles say he had been emailing Eric Ashby before his death too so I wonder what kind of stuff he was coaxing Ashby into doing. I don't think he cares at all about the people that have died looking for it which seems strange. If he has been emailing Ashby you'd think he'd care about what happened to him if he were a normal person. Maybe there is a sinister motive here.
    Last edited by DaSeeker; Aug 14, 2017 at 09:06 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2007
    Colorado
    Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
    1005 times
    Metal Detecting
    So all you can do is fling insults. Pathetic troll. Legally you are guilty of defamation. Go spew your vitriol some place else.

Quote Originally Posted by Guanaca View Post
    Congrats, you win the pointless comment award!

You've got nothing? As I've shown, the guy is a blatant liar and a fraud and I've shown several laws that would apply proving that he is NOT protected by the first amendment as you claimed and it's just a matter of which laws prosecutors would decide to use to prosecute him. I don't know why you want to defend a man who has lied to everyone and gotten people killed as a result. The money is only flowing one direction here...to Forrest Fenn through book sales. It's a charity scam disguised as a treasure hunt and it's a ruse to inflate the value of the chest, it's contents, and other items he has so his family can profit on it. If you still "believe" that this is still a treasure hunt and not a scam to make money for him and his family then I don't know what else to tell you.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."
    -Mark Twain

us
    Aug 2010
    Arizona
    3852 times
    Treasure Vaults
    Anytime you want to figure out a persons actions the first course of action is to learn everything you can about that person and their motives.
    Guanaca and DaSeeker like this.
    This First Link is for MY GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING
    A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

This Second link is to my Technical Guide Showing how to catch Auras
    www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/519355-guide-vault-treasure-hunting-condensed-128.html#post5544576

Measurements and Degrees
    www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/519355-guide-vault-treasure-hunting-condensed-245.html#post5982256

Aug 2017
    6 times
    It is not defamation because what I posted is true. I have spent years on this. Research it, check the links I posted and check the property records for West Yellowstone. It is a fact that the Fenns never owned the Dude and Roundup Motels as claimed and the info in the story about the motels and some of his other stories are not even close to being factually correct and are blatant lies. Charles Karl Simpson, his grandfather (whose birth name was Charles Karl McElwain) who was a vaudeville performer, did own a lot in West Yellowstone at one time and you can obtain a copy of the land grant from the BLM online but it was near where the Yellowstone Cabins and RV Park is now, not where the motels are. I'm sorry some people think my posting facts like this is trolling, that is not my intent. I only hope to share a glimpse of what I have uncovered through countless hours of research and dozens of trips in the search area with others. It was hard for me to come to terms with the truth and I can see it is very hard for others to accept as well.
    Last edited by Guanaca; Aug 14, 2017 at 10:55 PM.
    sandy1 likes this.

Aug 2017
    6 times
    Here is an article about him selling forgeries, published in People Magazine Volume 25 Number 23 on June 9, 1986. One of many clues pointing to forgeries and deception I have uncovered in my years of research on this.

Rivals Scorn His Santa Fe Gallery, but Forrest Fenn Baskets the Cash
    Fenn’s collection of fine fakes (owned in partnership with Texas’ ex-Gov. John Connally) is the work of the late master forger Elmyr de Hory, who fooled many an expert in his time. But why sell phonies? Says Fenn: “If you love it less when you see the signature who now is the fake?”
    Last edited by Guanaca; Aug 14, 2017 at 10:58 PM.

us
    Aug 2010
    Arizona
    3852 times
    Treasure Vaults
    Quote Originally Posted by Guanaca View Post
    It is not defamation because what I posted is true. I have spent years on this. Research it, check the links I posted and check the property records for West Yellowstone. It is a fact that the Fenns never owned the Dude and Roundup Motels as claimed and the info in the story about the motels and some of his other stories are not even close to being factually correct and are blatant lies. Charles Karl Simpson, his grandfather, did own a lot in West Yellowstone at one time and you can obtain a copy of the land grant from the BLM online but it was near where the Yellowstone Cabins and RV Park is now, not where the motels are. I'm sorry some people think my posting facts like this is trolling, that is not my intent. I only hope to share a glimpse of what I have uncovered through countless hours of research and dozens of trips in the search area with others. It was hard for me to come to terms with the truth and I can see it is very hard for others to accept as well.

I respect the time and effort you have put in to trying to figure this treasure and the man himself out.

www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/519355-guide-vault-treasure-hunting-condensed-128.html#post5544576

Measurements and Degrees
    www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/519355-guide-vault-treasure-hunting-condensed-245.html#post5982256

Aug 2017
    6 times
    Thanks for your kind words Sandy, it means a lot. It broke my heart when I uncovered the truth. I hate being the bearer of bad news but feel others deserve to know. I posted similar factual info on other forums related to the treasure hunt but it was promptly deleted by Fenn's friends that run the sites so I am glad the moderators allow a thorough discussion about it here.
    sandy1 likes this.

us
    Aug 2010
    Arizona
    3852 times
    Treasure Vaults
    I am all for getting to the truth of the matter.
    Guanaca likes this.

Measurements and Degrees

Aug 2017
    I was reading another news article about Eric Ashby, the treasure hunter that died recently, and in the comments someone referenced a quote from Fenn about Randy Bilyeu, the first treasure Hunter to die and apparently Fenn hired a private investigator to stalk Bilyeu's ex-wife (creepy). There is a lot more in the link below. The guy is starting to sound like a pychopath.

"Why do you want to find Randy? Just let him be. He died doing what he loved to do. You will never find him. Maybe in 100 years his bones will be found!" (Forrest Fenn)

"I often wonder how you sleep at night. Do you have a conscious? Do you care that treasure hunters risk their lives to search for your hoax? Do you care that my daughters and granddaughters lost their father and grandfather? Do you care that treasure hunters have lost lives, lost their jobs, gone bankrupt, families have become estranged, divorces have occurred, suicides have been attempted and some have succeeded. All for what? For self-glorification.
    For your information, hiring a private detective to befriend me and stalk me did not in any way scare me off." (Linda Bilyeu)

Forrest Fenn's $2M Treasure Is a Hoax, Says Ex of Man Who Died Looking for It | Westword
    Last edited by DaSeeker; Aug 15, 2017 at 03:56 AM.

Jun 2017
    2 times
    This article is a good read and everyone who fell victim to the fenn treasure hunt should read it.

Why We All Fall for Con Artists

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    19123 times
    I'd rather have the truth than a lie any day!

Jun 2017
    2 times
    I strongly encourage that families of the deceased victims contact an attorney and look into filing civil lawsuits against Forrest Fenn since law enforcement agencies are doing nothing to stop his fraudulent activities that have led to the deaths of several searchers.

The burden of proof is much lower with civil suits and there is plenty of info on the last several pages of this forum to prove in civil court that Forrest Fenn has purposely deceived searchers and is guilty of fraud and is legally liable. If you know the families of the victims or know how to get in contact with them, please share this info with them. If I were in their position I would feel obligated to sue even if I did not need or want the money because it would get the word out that this is a scam and it could prevent other victims that have been mislead and lied to from fatal accidents and it is the only way they are going to get the answers they are looking for.
    Last edited by F4Fake; Aug 17, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31887 times
    Hint, we can see ever ip used by every member. The same person using multiple names to post violates our rules.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!
    SeabeeRon likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    22276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by F4Fake View Post
    I strongly encourage that families of the deceased victims contact an attorney and look into filing civil lawsuits against Forrest Fenn since law enforcement agencies are doing nothing to stop his fraudulent activities that have led to the deaths of several searchers.

The burden of proof is much lower with civil suits and there is plenty of info on the last several pages of this forum to prove in civil court that Forrest Fenn has purposely deceived searchers and is guilty of fraud and is legally liable. If you know the families of the victims or know how to get in contact with them, please share this info with them. If I were in their position I would feel obligated to sue even if I did not need or want the money because it would get the word out that this is a scam and it could prevent other victims that have been mislead and lied to from fatal accidents and it is the only way they are going to get the answers they are looking for.
    And if you are with the court during the civil suit trial field trip when Fenn points at the " treasure", will you be prepared for a libel suit against you to follow?

Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    And if you are with the court during the civil suit trial field trip when Fenn points at the " treasure", will you be prepared for a libel suit against you to follow?
    That sounds like you are threatening victims of the treasure hunt and trying to intimidate them from pursuing the recommendation above which is their legal right to pursue if they wish. Witness intimidation is illegal. Haven't the families of these victims been through enough already? Also, in response to the mod above, I assume many people here like myself use VPNs to keep their private info secure since treasure hunting is often frowned upon by the government so that IP address might not show what you think it does since almost all VPN services share the same group of VPN servers and IP addresses. In the intro to the first book Fenn says he killed meadowlarks and magpies to feed his family which is admission that he broke the law to feed his family whether or not you take that statement literally or figuratively. Fenn got myself and many others interested in treasure hunting and I came here today to share more info that I had found that I had not shared with anyone else before but I think I'm done with this site after threats of doxxing and intimidation by forum mods.

Sponsored Links