Forrest Fenn s treasure - Page 232
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 232 of 232 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232
Results 3,466 to 3,473 of 3473
Like Tree1134Likes

Thread: Forrest Fenn s treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2006
    2778 times
    Seems Erskine is looking not to pay/or reduce the fees
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...fenn/#entry-51

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    Seems Erskine is looking not to pay/or reduce the fees
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...fenn/#entry-51
    He's using the Covid defense to get his fees reduced? What a doofus! If you read the filings by Fenn's daughter you can see she had several attorneys working her side of the case. It doesn't seem unreasonable that she racked up attorney fees above $10,000, given how many filings there were in this case. Basically, Erskine rolled the dice on a payday, and then sevened out. Now he's asking for his bet back, or at least part of it. Again, what a doofus! This is what happens when you aren't an attorney and try to play an attorney. One other thing that really irks me about this guy is that he is using the "carrot and stick" thing all wrong. He's using it as being analogous to reward and punishment, i.e. don't appeal and pay lower attorney fees. In reality, the carrot and stick is about the unattainable reward. The story was about a guy who had a horse or mule that wouldn't pull the cart because it was stubborn. The man tied a string to a stick, tied the stick over the horse's/mule's head and hung a carrot from the string in front of the animal's face. The horse/mule then walked forward to eat the carrot, but the carrot moved forward because of the stick. The horse/mule kept walking forward in the hopes of getting the carrot, and the man got his work done. No one knows if the horse/mule got the eat the carrot at the end of the day. Good grief! Do a Google Image search for "carrot and stick" and there are pictures all over the place. Once again, what a doofus! I hope he gets jammed for $12,000 in attorney fees.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

Dec 2006
    2778 times
    never ending
    3 more to appeal #52,53,54
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...fenn/#entry-52

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    843 times
    never ending
    3 more to appeal #52,53,54
    https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...fenn/#entry-52
    All the comedy is in #52:

Dear Justice Professional:

In lieu of Form 6, I affirm that I plan to self-represent on appeal. I understand that an appeal differs from a trial. An appeal is not a new trial and new arguments may not be raised. An appeal resolves appellate issues. Both trial and appeals courts are courts of justice that work together. Though self-representing, I aim for a professional standard in presenting my appeal.
    L.O.L.

This guy doesn't know when he is done, with a fork sticking in him. And if it goes to the 9th Circuit, he's about 15 years too late. It used to be known as the most overturned court in the country because it was so liberal that so many of the decisions were reversed at the Supreme Court. Now it's almost an even split, with (I think) 16 judges appointed by Democrats, and 13 appointed by Republicans. He's going to get a random draw of 3 judges to hear his appeal. When he loses that he can ask for an en banc hearing by the whole court. I'm guessing they will decline his en banc request, and the Supreme Court ain't gonna take a look at it, either. But what a feather in one's cap if they can pro se their own case all the way to the Supreme Court--win or lose, and even if they are a doofus.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1519 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I haven't been keeping up on all this legal stuff, but the thought occurred to me the finder may be lying about where he found it. Some court might try to force him to reveal the hiding spot.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    I haven't been keeping up on all this legal stuff, but the thought occurred to me the finder may be lying about where he found it. Some court might try to force him to reveal the hiding spot.
    The only data we have on where he found it is "Wyoming". Both Forrest Fenn and Jack Struef have confirmed this, but didn't want to give away the precise location for fear of people flocking to the site. Given the size of Wyoming there is no logical reason why they would have to lie about which state the treasure was found in. But there have been a few people who have tried the legal angle, and all have failed. The only one who seems to still be in the running is Barbara Andersen, who asked for her suit to be dismissed without prejudice so she could go to New Mexico (where she says the treasure was hidden) to check her location. So she can refile, but everyone else is down for the count, except this Erskine guy is is a glutton for punishment. It would almost be worth it to travel and see him argue his appeal in front of the 9th Circuit. If they allowed popcorn and soda in the courtroom I would definitely go check it out.
    Middenmonster

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    843 times
    seems the BS just never ends
    "Payment of the $505 docketing and filing fees is past due. Failure to correct this deficiency may result in the dismissal of this case for failure to prosecute."

This is just too funny. Would it be against the rules for us to make book and take bets on whether or not he comes up with the $505 before they toss his case? Just off the top of my head I'd day the odds should be about 5:2 against him, which means you would have to bet $5 to have a chance at winning $2 if you bet he doesn't pay it in time.
    Last edited by MiddenMonster; Mar 13, 2021 at 05:08 PM.
    cw0909 likes this.
    Middenmonster

Sponsored Links