Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You know, this thread is starting to remind me of the George Zimmerman trial. Everybody wants to weigh in and throw their 2 cents. I'm going to turn it off now. Somebody please PM me when the loot is found.

Wow, we are seeing your fiifteenth post in a four and a half year span. What did we do to earn such an honor? So glad you took time out to mingle with the riff-raff. Bye now.

Peas in a pod don't ya think.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose the Attitude People

:clock:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose the Attitude People

:clock:

If the attitude continues more timeouts will be given and or thread will be locked....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm sorry Jeff and Treasure Hunter if you think some of us are a little rough. Still though that has to be expected when we are trying to hash out theories and ideas and then you have random members who have never contributed a thing to the discussion jump on, throw a jab, and leave.
So I apologize if I offended anyone, but please take it for what it is worth, we are serious about our pursuits and people who intervene just to real havoc and insult our efforts should be put in their place also.

And I hope my exercising my freedom of speech just now didn't earn me a time-out.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry Jeff and Treasure Hunter if you think some of us are a little rough. Still though that has to be expected when we are trying to hash out theories and ideas and then you have random members who have never contributed a thing to the discussion jump on, throw a jab, and leave.
So I apologize if I offended anyone, but please take it for what it is worth, we are serious about our pursuits and people who intervene just to real havoc and insult our efforts should be put in their place also.

And I hope my exercising my freedom of speech just now didn't earn me a time-out.

:tongue3: I just felt it was time to remind you's where your at :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No new timeouts yet, but remember TN owns the forums and has rules.

Members can respectively disagree, buy they can not insult, mock or attack other members.

Slikrok

Greenie
Jun 4, 2013
Cottonwood, Utah
Detector(s) used
N/A
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Sayin'

If you've been . . . If youve been wise.JPG

And found the . . . The Blaze.JPG

Attachments

• If youve been wise.JPG
    If youve been wise.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 250
  • The Blaze.JPG
    The Blaze.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 532

UnrepentantSinner

Sep 12, 2012
NW KS
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT GOLD, AT PRO, TM-818, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am amazed at the way you guys put together these clues, even if you are wrong. I wish I was smart enough to be able to jump on this hunt.

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to help, but I live in Connecticut. Best of luck to those who are seeking the treasure.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Been very quiet... I guess everyone is waiting now.
A lot of us went underground with our info, PMing and such, because of the static and background noise here on the thread. There are at least a couple zero'd in on the blaze and are refining their search even more. The theory that the treasure is not viewable from the exact location of the blaze may just be turning into a reality. It is a matter of perspective, kinda like two people on different sides of a rock, both looking at the same tree. You both can see the tree, but still not see each other.
It's ok to keep the ideas flowing. Nobody is 100% on anything, and it is exciting even if you are making little successes towards the main goal of someone finding the brown box-o-gold.

For everyone: anyone involved with.art knows shading and the color wheel etc. Colors can appear to be a different color depending on the opposing color. Long explanation short: in it's current location expect it to be camouflaged by it's surroundings.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you've been . . . View attachment 832197

And found the . . . View attachment 832198
Cool, but I think you will find that the direction you are facing is South East and towards a river.
And by the appearance of the bark on both types of tree, the marks look to be about a year old, and any hiker could have made them, even a fellow treasure seeker..

Last edited:

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am starting to wonder, how much time anyone here dedicated to learning about Yellowstone history, the parties involved, and the current activities and lingos of what locals call what. I think Jackhammer can vouch for the wealth of information that has been left off the table. The discoveries are not made all on foot.

Things of interest:
Crows, bridges and roads, prospecting, river lingo, geography, geology, borders and boundaries, typography, roads, hydrology, meteorology, zoology, crust tectonics, where the best fly fishing is, where the rivers flow, specific river runs and obstacle names given by locals and outfitters, , etc. The more you know the wiser you become.

The wiser you become.....

No pun intended, (well maybe a little), if you get too close to the action, it becomes impossible "to see the forest for the trees". (get the hint now Dal?).

Last edited:

Slikrok

Greenie
Jun 4, 2013
Cottonwood, Utah
Detector(s) used
N/A
Primary Interest:
Other
No, actually the marks are 8-12 years old, the direction is NW, at the head of a dry creek highly correlated with "Fenn" and both parallel and adjacent to an iconic landmark. There are no absolutes here, no affirmative "I have solved the first 2-4 clues." Only time and a find will prove anyone's theses. Until then, I enjoy reading many of the well thought out, intelligent ideas and none of the know-it-all hubris. Ω

NewXHunter

Jul 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've been . . . View attachment 832197

And found the . . . View attachment 832198

My information and experience tell me that the "blaze" cannot be a mark on a tree. Forrest has said that "no one" can possibly stumble upon the treasure, but he also expects the chest to be discoverable thousands of years from now. Which means all the landmarks are permanent or would be replaced if lost or damaged. Trees fall, get knocked over or cut down, or burn down. A huge boulder deeply embedded into the earth might qualify but I have found no clues or hints in the book to suggest the blaze is a stone. I haven't found ANY clues or hints in the book that suggest what the blaze might be.

NewXHunter

Jul 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au-Artifact read our rules....stop the insults and attacks on members or you will not be able to post.

Read his later posts (after this warning) and see how well he heeded your admonition. Apparently you removed another poster for doing nothing but defending himself against insults and attacks. Care to explain? (or perhaps your god-like powers on this site allow such acts of injustice w/o reprisals or explanation.)

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My information and experience tell me that the "blaze" cannot be a mark on a tree. Forrest has said that "no one" can possibly stumble upon the treasure, but he also expects the chest to be discoverable thousands of years from now. Which means all the landmarks are permanent or would be replaced if lost or damaged. Trees fall, get knocked over or cut down, or burn down. A huge boulder deeply embedded into the earth might qualify but I have found no clues or hints in the book to suggest the blaze is a stone. I haven't found ANY clues or hints in the book that suggest what the blaze might be.

Don't worry, I think he knows. At least I THINK he knows, especially considering that 8-10 year old trail markers don't really jive with the time the treasure was hidden.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read his later posts (after this warning) and see how well he heeded your admonition. Apparently you removed another poster for doing nothing but defending himself against insults and attacks. Care to explain? (or perhaps your god-like powers on this site allow such acts of injustice w/o reprisals or explanation.)

LOL TH Check his IP out :laughing7: & the date he signed up :laughing7:

Sorry Puzzlesolver , But I'll let it to TH if he wishes to look the other way

Slikrok

Greenie
Jun 4, 2013
Cottonwood, Utah
Detector(s) used
N/A
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. If I thought that the uncanny tree marks were related to the chase, I wouldn't have posted them. It is however, quite a coincidence that the clues lead us to that spot and those were on two parallel aspen trees. The blaze may very well be allegorical, a thing, man-made or natural, who knows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread