Forrest Fenn s treasure

The Meek

Feb 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh. Yeah, I heard about this yesterday for the first time and I've been engrossed by it since.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...and hint of riches new and old"

San Lazaro consists of the ruins of two pueblos, one prehistoric and the other a planned historic pueblo, which together represent the largest ruin in this area. The ruins thus offer opportunities for research into the development and history of Puebloan peoples in the Galisteo Basin

"...put in below the Home of Brown"

San Lazaro is south of Santa Fe. Below = south?

I don't know, maybe the whole idea of it being in the mountains north is a starting point, or decoy.
Just thought I'd throw it out there. If I lived out there, I would definitely take a gander.
If this leads to treasure, all I request is one gold coin of your choice.

I hope someone finds it.

All the best,
Jim

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would be awesome if someone did...he is supposed to announce another treasure hunt sometime today.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be awesome if someone did...he is supposed to announce another treasure hunt sometime today.

He's got several bells buried about the country. Too deep for conventional detectors and no clues to find them.

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Granted I'll never make it out there to look for this treasure, but here is what I think and hopefully this helps someone locate it. If indeed you use this info and find it, I sure would love to have the jade bracelet.

I'll explain why I think it's in a cave, near a water fall/ big dam, in the woods

1. "Gone in there alone" - Here he is emphasizing an intimidating place and by using the word "in." This tells me it's a cave.
2. "Heavy loads and water high" - This is obviously a waterfall or a big dam... tons of water and it's up high. He also mentions water changing temperatures, "warm water halts" and "worth the cold". Waterfalls are great places to change temperatures.
3. "Put in below the home of the brown" - Again, this says it's a cave. He doesn't use the word buried here. He uses "put." Also, the word "below" can mean the fact that the bottom of the falls is simply below the river of brown trout, from which is runs.
4. "No place for the meek" and "Too far to walk" - This tells me it's deep in the woods and possibly accessed by plane or four wheeler. He did own a plane.

What do you guys think of this analysis?

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really believe that when he wrote the poem he was going to go out and hide it and die with his treasure and his bones would be there. He did not die and did not hide the treasure. He has every intention of hiding it. Which will probably happen when he thinks he is gonna die and then he will carry into the woods where warm water halts below the home of Brown. But, for now its in his basement, below the home of Brown.

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
those who have a good supply of satellite scans over the area will have a head start on anyone else ,maybe even see him hiding the stash :hello2::hello2:

he had to lug the box over a given area so left a trail :laughing7:

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any news on the supposed new hint/cache that was to be revealed today?

The new "hint/clue" is that the box is more than 5000ft above sea level.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
He's got several bells buried about the country. Too deep for conventional detectors and no clues to find them.

what, no clues,as in not yet maybe a clue later,does he want someone to find them? or its one of those
maybe someday they will get dug and yea,i found a bell

sprinkle

Nov 27, 2012
what, no clues,as in not yet maybe a clue later,does he want someone to find them? or its one of those
maybe someday they will get dug and yea,i found a bell

The bells are really well outlined in the book -- basically a random thing separate from the cache.

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry. Shameless promotion.:thumbsup: I don't know the legalities, but there's a difference of ownership based on "buried vs hidden". In NM, at least, if you uncover something buried on public land, it belongs to the State (or Fed). He makes it very clear it is NOT buried, for whatever it's worth. But he's also known to creep right up next to the edge of the law and is very astute when it comes to "legal technicalities".

You can apply for a Treasure Trove permit

warpigs777

Mar 2, 2013
albuquerque
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just heard about this the other day....gonna whoop some ass in the next week when i get out ther...whos with me? I live in abq 30 min away...get at me. lets carpool and do this. I am taking gis and topographical classes as a part of degree as well....might come in handy.....:occasion14:

leonie

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm Leonie, a student at the University of Central Lancashire, UK. As part of an assignment I have been looking into the Forrest Fenn story. I was hoping to get some of your views on the subject and ask some questions to those that are actually searching for the treasure. If you are up for answering some of these questions could you please leave a response on this forum or email me at [email protected]

Many thanks
Leonie Whitehead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread