OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Dealing with option (A): I fondly refer to this option as "In The Belly of the Beast"

The area to be narrowed down by the 9 clues to find the prize in the outdoors is a
conservative estimate of 100,000 square miles. That is the minimum. That is if the
searcher restricts the search area in a more or less straight line from Santa Fe, NM to
Bozeman, Montana, all in the area considered to be "in the Rocky Mountains. That's a lot
of areas of 1 mile squares.
Next the searcher must consider the 9 poem clues and maps to help them narrow that gross
search area down.

Now if one happens to "KNOW" Fenn hid the prize in the outdoors in the described area,
Good luck to you. The 9 poem map clues can have multiple meanings and mean different
things to different people. A whole lot more different meanings to those who
who prescribe to the theory that one can never have to much unfettered imagination.
I understand that some few say they are having a great time with this option. OK.

Also, the 6 degrees of separation theory when applied to the 9 clues in the described
gross search area, with clues assigned multiple meanings, depending on the individual
searchers choices, complicate the matter considerably. In the defined search area a
searcher will find multiple locations, in which some or many but not all of the clues
meanings, as assigned by the individual searcher, meet the criteria of searchers
"customized" poem map. But likely nothing else. Just several "close but no cigar"
experiences. Only the nature of the sameness of terrain. and the multiple meanings
assigned by the searcher to clue or clues.

Moving on to option (B) next post.
PART 5

I take it this means the warm waters ending at Fenn's hot water faucet is as good as any guess so far. Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Frankn. What it indicated to me (at a certain point in time) was that any place you selected in the outdoors to call " where the warm waters halt" was just good as any other.
Because in the outdoors was not where a searcher should be searching for the Fenn treasure.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealing with option (B)
B) The whole Chase game may be a joke,the hidden treasure and the poem map, conceived by Fenn to boost sales of his memoir,and maybe some unidentified other reasons.

I am as certain as I can be that the poem map IS NOT just some words strung together that lead nowhere in the mind. The word map (poem) leads to an illusion of the Fenn treasure in the location Fenn placed it in the poem map.

Last edited:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dealing with option (B)

I am as certain as I can be that the poem map IS NOT just some words strung together that lead nowhere in the mind. The word map (poem) leads to an illusion of the Fenn treasure in the location Fenn placed it in the poem map.

Ok, yea,... um what??

I am as certain as I can be that the poem map IS NOT just some words strung together that lead nowhere in the mind.

And then,... what again??

The word map (poem) leads to an illusion of the Fenn treasure in the location Fenn placed it in the poem map.

:laughing7:

That made no sense at all. :hello:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dealing with option (A): I fondly refer to this option as "In The Belly of the Beast"

Now if one happens to "KNOW" Fenn hid the prize in the outdoors in the described area,
Good luck to you.

I understand that some few say they are having a great time with this option. OK.

Moving on to option (B) next post.
PART 5

Spending quite alot of time defending the "Belly of the beast."

Looking at my last post,....

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry, waiting for "C",... this has got to be good, no?

edit to add: and of course waiting for frank to post with his cute little pictures. ;)

Last edited:

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm a spoil sport! I guess I am way because I live in Roswell, NM, where the aliens landed!

Living here has taught me several things. One of them is how to write a book on any urban legend, and make a fair living out of it.

My father was an MP at Roswell during this time. I know more than has been reasonably published.

And no, no aliens "landed", or "crashed", or anything else.

Kinda sucks knowing it was just a test facilty, ya know?

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Option (C)
(C) The word map (poem) was on the level and led to an Illusion of a treasure in the mind of the searcher and the poet(Fenn). Fenn, the author of the poem map had the complete illusion with location in his mind, the searcher lacked the location.

I concluded that the search for the treasure illusion takes place in the realm of the searchers mind and is found in an imaginary place to which Fenn directs the searcher thru the poem map. Fenn secreted his trove in an imaginary place. Note that Fenn stressed the need for imagination in the chase. There is more need to use your imagination to find an imaginary place in the realm of the mind than outdoors in nature as the Fen cult seems to be involved in.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
My father was an MP at Roswell during this time. I know more than has been reasonably published.

And no, no aliens "landed", or "crashed", or anything else.

Kinda sucks knowing it was just a test facilty, ya know?

Test facility? It was the only army air base that had aircraft that carried atomic bombs! Although they were testing the latest high powered radar there at the time of the incident. That wasn't Mogal in that field.

I think Been there's point is that it is very likely that the treasure exists only in Fenn's head. It might be an ego trip or a promotion sell books. Frank... 6 06-1 Yellowstone 097-1.jpg Can't see the forrest for the trees!
Yellowstone in 06' after the blaze.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Ignorance stated,
"Now, you just made me smile.

I like to see people that are actively in the chase, as I am.

To you 'few',... keep at it, you may be closer than you think.

It is out there.
wink.png
".

OK Ignorance, lets see the shred of evidence you posses that backs that statement. Frank...

111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

Frank...

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from thedailybeast.com 2/27/2013

“But one can never be sure with Fenn. Take the claim that the feds have closed their case against him. In fact, both the FBI and Bureau of Land Management still consider the case open, according to a former senior government agent in the southwest who spoke to contacts at both agencies. The agencies themselves say they won’t comment for the same reason: it’s an open case. Maybe Fenn knows better, maybe not.“

And if the feds are looking at you, rest assured that the IRS is a team player.

What better way to hide $$ from the feds. Just say you left it somewhere and don’t know who took it.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said before, this alien thingy has been blow all out of proportion. Jessy Marcel, Jr. died yesterday, but I doubt that will ease the issue. In fact, it probably will exacerbate it beyond belief!

The so called Alien hieroglyphics was actually some decorated cellophane tape sold by Duckwalls department store (now out of business). There is even a role of it on display here at the UFO museum.

One of the reasons this alien thingy just won't go away, is the promotional events which mark it every Fourth of July. Even the street lights here have alien eyes painted on them.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from thedailybeast.com 2/27/2013

“But one can never be sure with Fenn. Take the claim that the feds have closed their case against him. In fact, both the FBI and Bureau of Land Management still consider the case open, according to a former senior government agent in the southwest who spoke to contacts at both agencies. The agencies themselves say they won’t comment for the same reason: it’s an open case. Maybe Fenn knows better, maybe not.“

And if the feds are looking at you, rest assured that the IRS is a team player.

What better way to hide $$ from the feds. Just say you left it somewhere and don’t know who took it.
Hello Vor.The points that you raise above, where things I thought I should keep in mind
also. Not on the "front burner", not in the "background", but rather "off to the side"
And I also kept in mind how Fenn dropped that Captain Kidd treasure, Gardiner Island
comment (like a ton of bricks) out of nowhere in his TTOTC memoir. What was that all
about?, I said to myself at the time. And just a little time of research produced some
very interesting (to me anyway) possibilities to again "put off to side" in my thought
process.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Frankn.... I have a honest question for you. You bump into a guy in the desert that you know absolutely nothing about,who tells you a tale of little green, gray space aliens that crashed their space ship into the desert and you believe him correct? BUT... you can't believe a wealthy man would secret some gold? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I would like to understand your thinking here, not that it matters at all just curious as to the process that made you believe or disbelieve these things.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy wasnt wealthy to begin with, he got his riches by stealing from Indian burial sites and other historical locations. That's why the blm and Feds are after him. It even states in his book that the treasure is ancient artifacts and stuff that he had stolen. Like was said many times before he wants to be remembered forever, so what better way to be remembered forever then to say there's a treasure to be found? When you think of the aliens a particular name doesn't pop into your mind of a specific person just maybe Roswell. So that's the difference he named this treasure after himself, he wrote a book about it. Why write a book and do all this other stuff to MAKE money if your already rich? Because he isn't, he could have sold that treasure he buried for millions on the black market or to even a shady dealer. That's why he's a fake. Jesse James didnt bury his "treasure " then name it the Jesse James treasure. Nor did anyone else the name was giving to the treasure by people from the outside many years later. So costing aliens to this guy is not far off, just on different reasons then you stated.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn.... I have a honest question for you. You bump into a guy in the desert that you know absolutely nothing about,who tells you a tale of little green, gray space aliens that crashed their space ship into the desert and you believe him correct? BUT... you can't believe a wealthy man would secret some gold? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I would like to understand your thinking here, not that it matters at all just curious as to the process that made you believe or disbelieve these things.

I will try to explane it to you, but I don't know if you are up to it. Any way here is. I am a realist. I have worked at many vocations. I have learned to base things on facts But I also through in my instinct about people that I have learned during my 76 years of mingling with them. In other words I consider myself a pretty good judge of character. I am also better talking to someone in person so I get the full dose of body language and inflections of the voice. The guy in the desert was genuine. He gained nothing from relating the story. He told me he had worked at White Sands Missile Range after leaving the Army. I asked him about Victoria peak and that Doc Noss treasure. He told me the Army got it, or rather some Army personnel.
Now with Fenn, the picture is different. There is a problem in how this was presented. It is set up as an impossible situation simply because there are no clues presented. In reality, it is a guessing game to drive dreamers. It's like the carrot hanging in front of the donkey. He will never get it. Hay, it's a game like poker, but you have a much better chance to win at poker. Frank...

fire ants_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
The guy wasnt wealthy to begin with, he got his riches by stealing from Indian burial sites and other historical locations. That's why the blm and Feds are after him. It even states in his book that the treasure is ancient artifacts and stuff that he had stolen. Like was said many times before he wants to be remembered forever, so what better way to be remembered forever then to say there's a treasure to be found? When you think of the aliens a particular name doesn't pop into your mind of a specific person just maybe Roswell. So that's the difference he named this treasure after himself, he wrote a book about it. Why write a book and do all this other stuff to MAKE money if your already rich? Because he isn't, he could have sold that treasure he buried for millions on the black market or to even a shady dealer. That's why he's a fake. Jesse James didnt bury his "treasure " then name it the Jesse James treasure. Nor did anyone else the name was giving to the treasure by people from the outside many years later. So costing aliens to this guy is not far off, just on different reasons then you stated.

You should be quite careful how you slander someone folks are only to happy to see you in court these days. BLM,FEDS burn down old cabins so you and I can't enjoy them. So not much faith in them folks. UHHH... NOWHERE in Mr. Fenns book does he state he stole anything thats just %$#*@!. He NEVER said he wants to be remembered forever. He said he wanted to give folks the same thrill as he had finding and collecting these treasures. He stated if it isn't found for 100 yrs or a thousand yrs then when someone found it they would research to learn what kind of crazy guy would do such a thing. THAT is what he said. I don't ever recall Forrest naming his treasure THE FENN TREASURE either. People searching named it that.

Mr. Fenn writes books.... he gets ZERO dollars from the sale of The Thrill of The Chase. BUT.... I do think this is a great way to sell more books he has written and will write. It's called capitalism and a very smart businessman in my book.

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok then. Getting back to the poem map. Fenn was very adamant concerning there being 9
clues and only 9 clues in the poem map. Now then, considering that Fenn was not going out
of his way to help the searchers find his treasure any time soon with that poem map, why
would he be unyelding about how many clues there were? Well do you think maybe the number
9 has considerable meaning in the point he was trying to get across with his poem map and
that is why it had to be 9 clues no matter what opinion anyone else had? Think about it.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
No facts Frankn... seems you are just going on feelings and instinct..... like the rest of us searching for the gold. Agreed nobody knows didly until the person picks up the chest from it's hiding place. If you haven't read The Thrill of The Chase this may be your downfall. If you have you may very well need to read it again with an open mind.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
9 hasn't a thing to do with the poem, except that there are 9 clues within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread