Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possible coin stash?

I was searching the far back corner of the property beside a concrete/cement wall. Started to get real jumpy signals from one end of the spectrem to the other. Pinpointed silver more than once as well as dime/ penny. My machine only goes to 8" reading and that's where it stayed.

Decided to dig as curiosity was killing me! 4" down I find a 8" X 6" X 1" piece of concrete/cement lying flat in the hole. I pryed it up only to find 2 Mason jar lids sitting perfectly one on thop of the other centered below the concrete "lid" BTW a bedroom is upstairs and could see this area of the yard easily...

Does this sound like a possible cache senario to you? Marked by the concrete and lids only deeper?

Swing my machine again and get Nothing!! It must have been picking up the zinc lined lids below the concrete.

Question: ask home owner for permission to dig deeper as I had described the normal plug technique and that no longer applys here? Did I get no readings after removal of the lids because the Treasure (if there is one) is deeper than my machine can read? She's a super nice lady and will probably agree to let me dig. So now the next obvious question: how much of a % should I give her? I'm sure that will come up in our conversation.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated I do realize there probably won't be anything there but I hafta see for sure!!!

Last edited:

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a DFX and mason jar lids register as silver on my screen. I've dug enough of them on an 1800's sight to make me batty! Can't say for sure but it might have just been the lids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions