cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
After my previous ring find and return was broadcast on TV, A man named Bob calls me and asks if I can find a misplaced cache of valuables that were hidden in the house. I'll let Bob tell it in his own words from an E-mail he sent me afterward.....

I wanted to take a moment to express to you our sincere appreciation for your time and expert skills in locating some of my wife’s jewelry. Many of the items were priceless to us as we had acquired them throughout our 30+ years of marriage. Each piece was surrounded by precious moments in time marking the event that lead to securing the item.

As I described to you my wife had hide the jewelry as all of my immediate family were going on a much anticipated trip to New England last November. As we were all rushing around getting ready to leave my wife carefully hide the items and we departed for the airport.

We have a great trip, made many memories, and took dozens of great pictures to remember it by. The next day my wife went to get her jewelry and put if back in her jewel box and could not remember where it was. For the next month we would take time at night and on the weekends tearing rooms apart to search for it. She know she had hide it very well and as the months rolled on it certainly appeared that she had. We concluded that in the haste and excitement of leaving for New England she had thought about so many great places to hide it she could not remember where she had.

Fast forward to November 2013. I had decided to mount another attempt to find her sadly missed and memorable items. I purchased a modest medal detector and planned to begin my search on the weekend. During that week I was watching the local news and saw the piece of you finding the wedding ring for a man in Del Mar in 2 feet of water. Within a few minutes I wrote down your name and the name on your hat. I did some research on the web and obtained your number. That night I called you and arranged an appointed the next day.

Upon your arrival I took you though the house and you planned your attack. You began your careful search challenging your skills and equipment with metal items such as zippers, cloth hangers, door handles, inter-walls nails, pipes and electrical wires. Searching the attic first, then the master bedroom’s walk in closet and the laundry room.

I was concluding a conference call in the other room when you calmly came walking in and said I think I found it! I could not believe my eyes, items I had grown to love over the last thirty years, and not seen for more than a year had returned. We talked for some time and you showed me how you had found them hidden the laundry room. I thanked you profusely, gave you a small token of appreciation for your time and talent, which would not be expressed in any way, wished you a happy Thanksgiving and awaited my wife’s return.

I can’t describe the smile I had on my face thinking about how happy she would be when she returned to find that you had found her long lost treasures. I carefully placed them out, like on display, on the bed in the guestroom in anticipation of her return. I was on the phone when she returned and told her you had to leave and she went on about her business until I had finished my call and called up upstairs. I would have hung up as soon as she got home but I wanted to surprise her and give her my full attention and experience her profound joy.

I called her upstairs, just to talk, as I stood in the guestroom. She, I think thought we were going to talk about what we were going to do this weekend in preparation of our family get-together this upcoming Thanksgiving week. As she walked in her eyes got wide and began to cry. Could not believe what she was seeing. In her disbelief she asked me if this was really true. We held each other in happiness for a long time. She then went and picked up each piece examining them one at a time. I expanded how you had found what we had been looking for for over a year in a little under an hour and a half! She was stunned and very appreciative.

I am taking the time to write this as both of us wanted to express our sincere and heart felt appreciation for your time and talents. I wanted to go into detail so you would know the importance and sheer joy my wife and I had when she walked into the room and saw her keepsakes. Also the value to us of your time and experience.

Thank you again. I have attached a picture of the pouch you found for us. I wish you and your family a great trip to Las Vegas for you thanksgiving, and a wonderful Christmas.

Warmers regards,

Bob and Hilary.
Here's a photo of the wayward cache!

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    617.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. Job well done!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Now THAT is awesome!!!!!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Mark - Glad to hear you are having a blast out there!!!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ta Da! well done!. Some happy smiles you had a hand in. Hard to top .:hello2:

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread