looking for info on the Ashley gang

golden_dust13

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
West Palm Beach FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new to hunting treasure but been really interested in the Ashley gang loot. trying to find some real info on them, like how true are the stories, has many people gone looking for these if any. I know the areas they talk about it being near, really would love to go take look if I can get proof that it's more then just rumors. Please if their are other threads about this would love to see. Any info would be great thanks

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
G

golden_dust13

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
West Palm Beach FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard a few locations where they say they have buried money even like 100k in gold coins that they robbed from a bank its said to be buried by lake Okeechobee, also stories of money being buried by the St Lucie inlet on a island, of course all is hearsay or stuff I read online

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Confederate treasure buried in the Everglades origin is a lost CSA Fort Meade "Cow Calvary" payment of 50 lbs of gold Cuban specie belonging to Jacob Summerlin. Treasure books and mags have expanded that amount to 1/2 ton of gold, with several variations, including the death of CSA Capt John Riley (Bless McIntosh), a successful Confederate blockade runner who lived well beyond the War of Northern Aggression.
This is covered in Legends/Swamp gold.
Many embellishments also apply to the Ashley Gang, whose getaway diver, while serving time in Raiford, told prison tales of buried loot.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden
ECS is right. But there is a cache buried on Cloud Mountain. Its location has been verified by several means.
Good luck.
V

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread