The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    4787 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm sure I've heard Fenn in interviews saying that the treasure box is not buried - just hidden .
    Sandman23 and Goodyguy like this.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    GIB,

NO!

I was aware of the site and I had nothing to do with it. Just coincidence. I actually had all my research and had located the UU in the poem by June and I was just a lurker reading all of the other peoples solves.

Oddly enough, I found WWWH to actually be one of the most useless clues in the poem/puzzle. Folsom Falls and the "blaze" the eye AND head of the horse is what solidified it for me. WWWH was actually discovered later, and only understood when I was BOTG. The Dry Cimerron flows SOUTH TO NORTH, up the canyon starting at Folsom. The canyon itself is seen as being north to south. All apposing thought processes when thinking in general terms of direction.
    Last edited by SlickNickeL; Aug 28, 2015 at 11:58 AM.
    G.I.B. and Dirt_Hunter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickNickeL View Post
    Jim,
    The best way for me to explain this is by watching a chess match between two Masters.
    100% of the people watching see the moves. Half of them will then guess what the masters next move will be, but the reality and outcome of the final game is only understood by less than a handful of other master chess players. After the game is completed, the only two who ever understood the game in the first place were the two masters playing the game. It then takes another master to break down, what had actually happened and put it in layman terms so that the masses can actually follow, what went down in the game. FF puzzle is a masters puzzle to be solved, and not for the faint of heart, no matter what FF has said about it being solved by a child.
    LOL...I'm sure you consider yourself one of the "masters" who has to explain the solution to the lower masses. But, for all your pontificating, you still have nothing but your opinion....no solid evidence, and no treasure. And then, to top it off, you suggest FF is a fraud, and since you didn't find the treasure...there isn't one! Unbelievable!
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim in Idaho; Aug 28, 2015 at 12:32 PM.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    Jim!

You go ahead and keep looking!

Please don't follow my logic or the actual solve to this puzzle!

"These aren't the droids your looking for"

And to be so arrogant to think that the puzzle can't be solved, because you don't understand what your looking at?

This solve is not an opinion. It is factual. Your turn, prove me wrong! Just one single thing. Using ONLY the poem, your knowledge of a dictionary and a map!

Let's hear it Chief!

Aug 2015
    74 times
    RULES

I've been through all the ProFenners BS before, and I'm not going to argue with them.
    Rocks don't have ears, so I'm not going to shout at one.

Here are the rules, that I will reply to a comment.

1. You must first, have read my solve from top to bottom. If the answer to your comment or question is in the solution, then I'm not going to repeat myself, because you didn't read the whole thing.

2. Using ONLY Forrest Fenn rules:

"ONLY the poem and a good map are needed to solve the puzzle. Words don't always have their intended meaning, THINK!"

If your question or comment starts with "Forrest Fenn says..." Forget it! I won't reply. ONLY the poem, a dictionary and a good map.

3. Free country! Say what you want! Just don't expect me to respond to nonsense. I WILL on the other hand explain EVERY Single clue, and selection of words if your question is valid or I have not made myself clear in the article, and you followed the rules.

4. If you didn't know that the Definition of TIRED, is Archaic for HEADDRESS, then you should side with caution, and keep your boisterous unfounded comments to yourself. Unless that is, you want to walk around town with a crow on top of your head like TONTO "Johnny Depp". "this is a joke" if you don't get it, then I would REALLY NOT post a comment.

My duty is done!

Read as deeply as I have.
    Love as deeply as I have.
    Know the truth as I have.
    Study the poem as I have
    Go and stand on UU as I have.

I have been your guide.
    I am seasoned and wise in the ways of the world.
    I ask of nothing, except for you to believe in what you see.
    I have shown you the way,
    now it's your turn to do the journey on your own. PF

Love and peace to all who seek.
    Just seek the right things in life,
    Goodyguy and Mr_Cliffe like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    poet William Ernest Henley
    #53 on top 500 poets

Poet's Page
    Poems
    Quotes
    Comments
    Stats
    E-Books
    Biography
    Videos

Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter

Poems by William Ernest Henley : 70 / 173

« prev. poem
    next poem »

Invictus - Poem by William Ernest Henley
    Autoplay next video

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
    William Ernest Henley

Beyond the night that covers me,
    I endure for those misguided.
    All that is needed has been provided.

“Svn qnzcr chudqfdc hm z vnnc, zmc H —
    H snnj sgd nmd kdrr sqzudkdc ax,
    zmc sgzs gzr lzcd zkk sgd cheedqdmbd.”

I think dementia has gotten the better of FF. Slick, what is your take on the obvious similarities and reference to "Invictus?" I see this as a Narcissistic man standing in outright defiance. It obviously did not take him ten years to write this nonsense. He is admitting your solve is correct. He will be dead sooner then most of us....
    We are not afraid of a government takeover...arf! Drink Guinness.

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Where warm waters halt webpage is the Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

I'm having a difficult time not believing the two events are not connected.

The coded text on the right are the last three lines of the Frost poem.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Mr_Cliffe likes this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Here is my theory on the whole thing:

Let us assume that Slick is right. When FF discovered he had cancer the thought that it could kill him had to cross his mind. This leads into thoughts of painful death, avoidance of that, and hence suicide. I think at one point in time he was planning to suicide at that spot and then leave the poem behind as a map to find his body. Turned out the cancer got better and he had a great idea years down the road and made a ton of money.
    Hitndahed and Nitric like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    Where warm waters halt webpage is the Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

I'm having a difficult time not believing the two events are not connected.

The coded text on the right are the last three lines of the Frost poem.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Two references to two very famous poems....no additional clues in that.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    AHHHHHH! CRISPIN, you used the "N" word! Good for you also good for you in knowing it didn't take him 10 years! Bravo! You may sit at the masters table. There is no way a standard TOPO map could have been used. sat maps haven't been around that long. Could FF had a huge Sat map printed up for him to do this? Sure! This is a precisely made out set of map coordinates using satellite imagery. AHHHHHH I know the ending as well! Your secret handshake is recieved and accepted! "wise you are, in the way of the force"
    Crispin likes this.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    I can only give Mr. Fenn one piece of advise,

Do not go gentle into that good nigh...

Dylan Thomas
    Poet
    Crispin likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickNickeL View Post
    Jim!

You go ahead and keep looking!

Please don't follow my logic or the actual solve to this puzzle!

"These aren't the droids your looking for"

And to be so arrogant to think that the puzzle can't be solved, because you don't understand what your looking at?

This solve is not an opinion. It is factual. Your turn, prove me wrong! Just one single thing. Using ONLY the poem, your knowledge of a dictionary and a map!

Let's hear it Chief!
    Haha...I'm way too smart to spend my time looking for FF's treasure. I read the poem several years ago, and it fit a particular piece of country not far from my home. Even then, I wasn't going to go look, unless I had another reason to go there. Then, my lifelong fly-fishing buddy called me from out of state, and said "ya know, that poem reminds me of our old fishing spot". That gave us enough impetus to go look at the area one day. That day, after a few hours of looking, we noticed a particular spot that fit very, very, well. We didn't have time to check it out, and our schedules haven't fit well enough since. Eventually we'll go look, unless it turns up somewhere else. Beyond that, I'm not wasting time on it. Got much better things to do. But I do enjoy an occasional cruise among the serious hunters, just to see what they've come up with. Now and then one is interesting enough (read: outrageous enough), it gets my attention.
    Jim

Jan 2006
    356 times
    SlickNickel,
    Let's assume for the sake of rational argument that your "solve" is 110% correct. What makes you so certain that someone else didn't beat you to the treasure chest as opposed to your contention that one never existed at all...? I think like many of us (myself included) you're guilty of what's called 'confirmation bias' --- believing only those clues, hints, ideas & concepts that confirm & support what you already believe. At the expense of other possibilities....
    HH
    -spyguy
    Dirt_Hunter likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
    157 times
    I am wondering WHY someone would put SOOOOO much effort into solving this if he thinks it's HOT AIR? Do tell slick.

Is it to validate your own self belief you are much smarter than the average bear and to show all others you spent endless time and thought on the poem? Here is a bit of advice from a common bear...book smarts and common sense RARELY join hands. I and others can see quite clearly you put an enormous effort to your solve... but you have nothing to show for it.So in my mind it's your opinion just like everyone else opinions. You call yourself a "master solver" and surely you know that alone will bring much dissent upon you. Toot your horn when you have the chest and we will ALL congratulate you 100%.
    Last edited by nvradar; Aug 29, 2015 at 09:47 AM.
    Jim in Idaho and pgfhgs like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
    SlickNickel,
    Let's assume for the sake of rational argument that your "solve" is 110% correct. What makes you so certain that someone else didn't beat you to the treasure chest as opposed to your contention that one never existed at all...? I think like many of us (myself included) you're guilty of what's called 'confirmation bias' --- believing only those clues, hints, ideas & concepts that confirm & support what you already believe. At the expense of other possibilities....
    HH
    -spyguy
    I will let Slick answer for himself but I would like to give my own interpretation at it. The biggest thing would be "Fenn say's it has not been found;" however, based on slick's hypothesis Fenn is a lying sociopathic narcissist. If the treasure chest really was found then he would continue to lie so he can make money.

HOWEVER, this swings us right back around to Slick's hypothesis that a lying sociopathic narcissist would never hide millions in treasure! FYI, I totally acknowledge this is circular logic.

Next, the contents of the supposed treasure chest are very specific and very vague. In particular, his supposed memoirs or supposed bracelet. Anybody who invested the amount of time and effort that Slick did would stay anonymous but find a way to release one of those two things. They would want the country to know they had found it. Plus, you assume a super rich person would not invest the time into doing this. So, whoever found it would want to make money off it. Got to sell things to do that. These supposed objects would be showing up.

Spyguy: I agree with you that Slick's hypothesis certainly is an example of confirmation bias; however, when chasing down a treasure confirmation is the only tool available. If you excluded the confirmation bias as a form of proof then no one would ever be able to prove within a reasonable degree of certainty that the treasure doesn't exist. If we were to do the opposite of the confirmation bias: "The tendency to reject evidence that confirms our beliefs and to accept evidence that contradicts them," then we would be falling victim to a bias in the form of an availability cognitive heuristic.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links