The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: The grandaddy of all Treasure Puzzles FORREST FENNS POEM

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nvradar View Post
    I am wondering WHY someone would put SOOOOO much effort into solving this if he thinks it's HOT AIR? Do tell slick.

Is it to validate your own self belief you are much smarter than the average bear and to show all others you spent endless time and thought on the poem? Here is a bit of advice from a common bear...book smarts and common sense RARELY join hands. I and others can see quite clearly you put an enormous effort to your solve... but you have nothing to show for it.So in my mind it's your opinion just like everyone else opinions. You call yourself a "master solver" and surely you know that alone will bring much dissent upon you. Toot your horn when you have the chest and we will ALL congratulate you 100%.
    Of course it is an opinion. Slick already acknowledged that. You are not stating anything new by stating this. Why did slick invest all this time? He was trying to find the non-existent treasure! He wanted the non-existent millions. He didn't set out to prove the treasure didn't exist. He set out to find it, solved the poem, and this is the conclusion.

I think Slick demonstrated more common sense than most people who post on this topic, he certainly used a lot of academic knowledge as well. Pulling the "common sense" card is a way for an educated person to disregard the opinion of an educated professional without providing any proof. If you want to keep looking, keep looking. Lots of people enjoy fairy tales. Truly, it is the journey that is the real reward. BUT, don't insult the man to rationalize in your head why may or my not still exists...
    SlickNickeL and putdinger like this.
    We are not afraid of a government takeover...arf! Drink Guinness.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nvradar, same reason someone would want to climb EVEREST! This is a world class puzzle! Plain and simple! The best I have ever seen or had the experience of deciphering.
    SPYGUY, YOU, prove that he did place the 10x10 in the rabbit hole. This is known, by knowing the man. Has nothing to do with the puzzle. Two completely different subjects. Study the man, know his motivations. And when I mean study, I don't mean going out and buying his BS memoirs. I'm talking about his past. Before TC. The FBI days. His DIGGING days. Who he associated with so that he could amass his private collection. THEN draw your own conclusions. I'll end it with this statment " FF would sell FORGERIES of famous paintings for $9k a pop. He had a cute little saying that went along with these forgeries. Apply this same thought to the 10x10 box of hot air and the truth starts to unravel. Same type of saying for FF when he talks about keeping a secret." Trust but verify. One man's word? Look at his past. Look as closely at his "sayings" as one would look at the poem, and the question becomes clear.
    Last edited by SlickNickeL; Aug 29, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

us
    Just Some YouTube Dude

Feb 2015
    Central California
    Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
    1820 times
    So you call yourself a "worthy pro" and invite others to sit at the "masters table" with you.....all the while calling people who disagree with your "proof" arrogant? Also while attacking the character of a stranger you have never met?

Takes a special kind of person to act like that.....

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergt View Post
    So you call yourself a "worthy pro" and invite others to sit at the "masters table" with you.....all the while calling people who disagree with your "proof" arrogant? Also while attacking the character of a stranger you have never met?

Takes a special kind of person to act like that.....
    LOL...."special"??
    Jim
    TheHunterGT likes this.

us
    Just Some YouTube Dude

Feb 2015
    Central California
    1820 times
    LOL Jim...it's like my very own FF poem. All you have to do is decipher what "special" means. Perhaps another 5000 word post can figure it out. He is a worthy pro master after all....or is it a pro worthy master....now I'm confused.

I will be at the dunce table with my cone hat upon my head.....

Aug 2015
    74 times
    DOGS

Show a dog a ball.

Throw the ball, the dog chases after it and brings back the ball.

Some dogs are smarter then others.

Fake the throw. Keep the ball in your hand.

The smart dog, just sits there and knows, you didn't throw the ball.

The gullible dog, runs 20ft turns around and realizes, he's been duped, and returns.

The dumb dog, he flat out keeps running! He knows for a fact that there is a ball "in the wood" that needs to be found. He never turns around to check and see if it was a fake throw.
    100% sure, and on faith alone of what the dumb dog knows, he never returns.

Dumb dog finds that he is not alone! He's greeted by hundreds of other dogs that KNOW for a fact that there is a ball "in the wood".

For the smart dog? He's resting at his masters feet in front of a warm fire, waiting for the next game of fetch.

PF
    Last edited by SlickNickeL; Aug 29, 2015 at 11:46 AM.
    Crispin likes this.

us
    Just Some YouTube Dude

Feb 2015
    Central California
    1820 times
    Well there you have it TN members. Disagree with this man and you are arrogant...not allowed to sit at his master table...and now placed into a category of a dog playing fetch (that also has a "master" quote in it)

This dog is howling with laughter.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    Nitric,

Sadly, your quote: "no real harm done,"
    Your statment is very far from the truth. One man has committed suicide and countless others have spent their life's fortunes, and have lost everything they own. Please don't trivialize TC as being harmless.

Metal detector? I thought I made it perfectly clear why I brought a detector In my article? The metal detector is like a Lie detector! It can afirm or deny a fact, to a reasonable assurance that metal is present or not. Why would any treasurhunter/puzzle solver/detective leave the house without one? Do you leave your house everyday without your watch or clothes on your back?

Too bad Forrest Fenn has never taken a lie detector test.

Take your same strategies and microscope and apply them to Forrest Fenn, then come back here and make all the comments you want. Unless that is, you like to believe in Leprechauns, in which case, keep chasing that rainbow for fennsfool's gold.
    Nitric and Crispin like this.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    Failure?

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas Edison.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    Nitric,

I agree with you that there are underlying possibilities of the death of this man, regardless, he WAS A PART OF THE Fenn community actively searching and was down on his luck and at his wits end when he decided to part this world.

Degrading people? No. Remember this:

"No one can make you feel inferior, without your consent"
    Crispin likes this.

Aug 2015
    74 times
    Nitric,
    I'm making a serious attempt in following your logic.

Let me down a few homebrews and see if this might help make better sense of what your trying to say.

I found the best way to read Forrest Fenn's poem, was somewhat inebriated. If I read his poem like a drunken sailor out loud, it would actuall make sense! (Kind-a-sort-of) I think it even reads better inebriated, upside down, sitting in a hot tub, reciting it to my other drunk friends. A real party starter! Lots of laughs!

Aug 2015
    74 times
    Well, I figure, FF was a genius, and maybe you are too! I'm all about understanding someone's logic. But I first must set aside my own disposition by dousing it with something stronger then lighter fluid "my homebrew is higher in octane", and put the "all seeing eye" to sleep, or at least at a disadvantage. Then, I become human! Boy am I opening this one up for some colorful comments. Fire away!!!
    Nitric likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergt View Post
    Well there you have it TN members. Disagree with this man and you are arrogant...not allowed to sit at his master table...and now placed into a category of a dog playing fetch (that also has a "master" quote in it)

This dog is howling with laughter.
    This is what I truly love, this what gets my pulse up and my blood running!

Here comes, a man, let us call him The Great Emancipator, who seeks to help those less educated, less fortunate, and those taken advantage of; and what do they do, the ones that he seeks to help the most? They spit in his face, they attack him, they call him names, they denounce him in any number of ways without anything other then baseless insults.

Well, I'm not gonna sit still and watch it happen. I'm going to watch a Godly man try to elevate more souls who are being taken advantage of and stand by idly while they assault him.

FACT: When the Civil War ended a large number of slaves went back, VOLUNTARILY, to work for free for their former masters. Why?

Give me one factual or logically coherent reason to reject Slick's hypothesis, just give me one...Anybody, anybody, nobody, crickets...WAKE UP PEOPLE, YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED.

How is this any different then trying to help Grandma avoid the Nigerian scammer on the internet? How is this any different then warning Bernie Madoff's clients they are in danger, how is this any different then standing up for those who cannot stand for themselves?!?

O, I forget, treasures, riches, a bronze box...feed his ego, buy his books, study his maps, immortalize him for his benefit. What has he given any of you....................nothing.......
    SlickNickeL likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    No, I'm no where near genius! My mom told me I was! Until I took the test! Something about....I forgot my name and all the answers weren't C. So, I wasn't allowed in the club! The girl a few seats up was hot though!!

Thanks Mom! For the false hope at joining MENSA! I mean 8th grade!Sometimes I get confused too!

Would someone please solve this!!!

This might be for you SlickNickel......
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptos
    I tested "Gifted" in elementary school but I was denied entry because of my "oppositional nature towards my teachers...."
    Nitric likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    The Tiger - a poem by William Blake

The Tiger
    William Blake

Tiger Tiger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night;
    What immortal hand or eye.
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies.
    Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
    On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
    Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
    And when thy heart began to beat.
    What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
    In what furnace was thy brain?
    What the anvil? what dread grasp.
    Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile His work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger Tiger burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

The Tiger
    William Blake

The Lamb poetry by William Blake

The Lamb
    William Blake

Little Lamb, who made thee
    Does thou know who made thee
    Gave thee life & bid thee feed.
    By the stream & o'er the mead;
    Gave thee clothing of delight,
    Softest clothing woolly bright;
    Gave thee such a tender voice.
    Making all the vales rejoice:
    Little Lamb who made thee
    Does thou know who made thee

Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
    Little Lamb I'll tell thee;
    He is called by thy name,
    For he calls himself a Lamb:
    He is meek & he is mild,
    He became a little child
    I a child & thou a lamb,
    We are called by His name,
    Little Lamb God bless thee,
    Little Lamb God bless thee.

The Lamb
    William Blake
    Mr_Cliffe likes this.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links