Turtle Rock means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjgiff

Jul 29, 2010
1B6E35D7-74C0-4B2E-8A21-455C68FB2569.jpeg Would this be considered a turtle? What does the turtle indicate?
b8cc208c-f265-4a12-b043-42a1cda3e528

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turtle symbols, whether made of rock or carved on rocks or trees, are probably the oldest and surest signs of treasure in the area that exist. I would say that your turtle of boulders is such a symbol. The Spanish used them and the Knights of the Golden Circle used them to mark their buried treasure.
~Texas Jay

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJ is right! You are close to something. Follow the nose. If you don't know what you are looking at send me some pictures pointing the same direction as the nose.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It means nothing. It is simply pareidolia.[h=2][/h]

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fellow KGC treasure hunter Bob Brewer speaks of the importance of turtle and other symbols in this interview when hunting for treasure. He's used these symbols to find over $200,000 in buried treasure.

Shadowy path may lead to treasure

~Texas Jay

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope it turns out to be something.:occasion14:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it turns out to be something.:occasion14:

Yeah it is called Mother Nature. Now as a symbol to describe a location with out a written language it would also make sense. I f there was treasure around every rock that mother nature made resemble something else we all would be rich. I have carved on big beech trees as kids as the tree grows do does the carving.After 35 years you can barely make out it out but you can recognize what you wrote. Some are completely ineligible.
When you first carve it it is like putting up a bill board in public.
They called old tree that were bent over Indian trees that is a myth as well.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it is called Mother Nature. Now as a symbol to describe a location with out a written language it would also make sense. I f there was treasure around every rock that mother nature made resemble something else we all would be rich. I have carved on big beech trees as kids as the tree grows do does the carving.After 35 years you can barely make out it out but you can recognize what you wrote. Some are completely ineligible.
When you first carve it it is like putting up a bill board in public.
They called old tree that were bent over Indian trees that is a myth as well.
Did some kid do this @ 10 feet high ??? Mr. Snake.png

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Did some kid do this @ 10 feet high ??? View attachment 1633821

Elh...if that carving was done say even 20yrs ago.... you'd see where it stretched out noticeably Larger than the original carving. That particular tree doesn't look very old.

Look at the tree sign threads on here and research the growth pattern of trees. That will explain it better than and you can see pictures of carvings on trees that have grown out from when the carvings were originally made.

Kace

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turtles lead to treasure. I would look around, and in the direction the turtle is pointing. If the turtle has feet, that means something: likewise if the turtle does not have feet. You need to get ahold of some good signs and symbols books if you are new to this. Also, peruse the signs and symbols threads.

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Many of the Auras/treasures I go to have great turtles at them.
This is one of my favorites as it looks right at the treasure spot (within a hundred feet) and also has a heart on its shell. I have also seen turtles within a few feet of treasure spots, so yes turtles really do mark treasures.
1 (30).JPG

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the Auras/treasures I go to have great turtles at them.
This is one of my favorites as it looks right at the treasure spot (within a hundred feet) and also has a heart on its shell. I have also seen turtles within a few feet of treasure spots, so yes turtles really do mark treasures.
View attachment 1633931

What were some of the "treasures" that you found??

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
What were some of the "treasures" that you found??

For the answer I would refer you to my post #3359 on page 224 in my thread which you can get to through either of my links below.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Here you go, a turtle made the exact same way along old trail out of a mining area. Wedge like head rock stuck back in between two boulders making head and shell. 20170812_132441 turtle.jpg Looks toward a cache spot with other markers a couple hundred feet away, and has an old collapsed mine and exposed vein lined up across it's neck maybe 250 feet uphill. It's perched on a giant outcrop and in a highly visible spot.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
elh,
Always like seeing this picture
Those that don't know, don't know.

Weekender, thanks and there are those who look up at the sun and deny it even being there.The spirit in them causing them to kick anything they think
does'nt fit their twist. Best verse for them is 1st. Kings 22:22.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes things will be natural occurrences or flukes of nature. No doubt about that. I try to determine whether or not it is legit by looking for other signs and symbols. If none can be found, then I assume it is a natural occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread