Ace 250

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I should check this forum more often.

Anyways, I haven't searched any farm fields yet but I'd consider it if I knew there was some history there. Sounds like the American users gave you a lot of good feedback. I hope you do well, good luck man. Btw, how are you doing with the research in terms of meeting people and getting good leads?

OP
OP
CanadianTrout

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Prime. With a new house bought awhile ago and a new daughter just over 2 now, just got into this hobby earlier this year, and my work schedule.... you get the idea lol. Not well. I have saved all the info you and the others gave me regarding research from that other thread.

I got it all tuckedaway safe and it should make a good winter project eh? I'm still watching your swamp keg thread.... good luck.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the family & house. I know what you mean about work, this hobby is very time consuming and some research sources are closed on the weekends. That "keg in the swamp" has just expanded into an area spanning from Toronto all the way to Belleville, it's a pretty big search for a n00b like me but I like it :thumbsup:.

CaribooCam

May 27, 2015
The North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't read all the replays on the other page so some of this might be s repeat. I'm from Sask, in our area while Sask was being broke there was almost a homestead on every quarter section. There also was a lot of original town sites that were just picked up and moved to the rail line as it was being built, old town site just turned back into field. The old cart trails, Buffalo kill sites(copper points) Indian camps. I don't hit the fields to often because my interest lies in other detecting sites/strategies but with a little research a black dirt field can hold all kind of treasures. When I can't make it to my normal spots I'll go out in a random field in hopes of getting onto some meteorites but have had no luck yet there is also a lot of broken iron junk from breaking the land. It is nice to get onto a field that has just been cultivated, you know to have a second look when you can pick out pieces of broken plates pottery fragments or bone fragments. A little research goes a long way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread