All Right Lets Settle This Once And For All

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Not exactly American per se...but....LOL

Toyota....all the way. My first Toyota pickup had 276,000 mile on it. Looked brand new...although the air conditioner was shot.

Traded it in for a Toyota Tundra (2000), and other than it's regular maintenance, it has not required any repairs.....although I did finally have to buy a new battery for it in 2007.

After I got smart and quit buying Fords and Chrysler....I have since bought 6 Toyota vehicles...never a major problem with any of them.

Sorry, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
---Mel

borninok

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
My last pickup was a 1964 Chevy. It ran great till it ran into the back of a drilling rig. Dad still has his 1973 Chevy 1/2 ton that the odometer has rolled over 3 times.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
My 1984 GMC S-15 2wd was the toughest little truck ever. I could take it places 4wd trucks cringed at the thought of. While working for Domino's I let another employee use it for a delivery and he didn't set the park break...just took it out of gear. It rolled about a block down hill backwards over a steep embankment (after taking out a stop sign) and slammed into the side of the American legion hall(which is a steel building). It ripped 2 panels of the building off of its foundation (about $10,000 worth of damage according to my insurance company) 10 times what I paid for the truck too LOL. When I got to the scene of the accident the police were there wanting to know what tow company I wanted to call and I just told them to hang on a second...jumped in her and drove her right up out of there. The only damage to my great little pick up truck was a scratch on the bumper from the stop sign post and a broken tail light lens (the light bulb still worked!).
I paid $1000 for the truck and drove it for over 10 years, the engine finally gave out with almost 300,000 miles and more rust then paint left on it. I have some great memories of fishing trips, road trips and more mud roads then I can count.

Charlie

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Taken while leaning on my Explorer.
PICT0009.JPG

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
GM all the way! But I'm not prejudice at all! :D

Attachments

• snow birds rainbow 017.JPG
    snow birds rainbow 017.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,181
  • snow birds rainbow 017.JPG
    snow birds rainbow 017.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,172

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like Fords. Though I gotta say those older Chevy's with the 5.7 V8's are very powerful and good running trucks if you take care of them. Both brands run well if you take care of them, except for Ford's power steering problem...haha

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I really wanted to own a Ford but I didn't want to have to buy all new tools to work on them. You need a left handed upside down chinese wrench just to get the starter loose! Thats after you drop the exhaust manifold, of course.

Chevy and Dodge fit the bill just fine. I've had starters in and out of them in 15 minutes flat, LOL!

Had an old 23 t-bucket kit a long time ago, with a 350 Chevy motor and a bumper sticker that said

"Old Fords never die, they just get a new HEARTBEAT" :D

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Chevy Silverado, 2500, 4WD, Duramax diesel, Allison Transmission.

It's funny, at the fuel pumps the diesel Fords, 3500 series, sound like Mac trucks. (need ear plugs)

My Duramax sounds like a car and will haul 17,000 lbs. Much more then the F-350 that has the extra rear tires and loud diesel.

When hauling my 5th wheel (over 16K lbs) I average about 10mpg. 18mpg on the highway clean. All the bells and whistles inside, and very comfortable.

I owned an '89 F-150, straight 6 for 14 years. It was a great truck. Gave it to my son in law when I bought the Chevy, so the 150 is still in the family. The Ford F-350 was simply not rated to haul as much as the Chevy, so I converted over to the dark side.

I made a great decision. No regrets. Fantastic truck.

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borninok said:
Not exactly American per se...but....LOL

Toyota....all the way. My first Toyota pickup had 276,000 mile on it. Looked brand new...although the air conditioner was shot.

Traded it in for a Toyota Tundra (2000), and other than it's regular maintenance, it has not required any repairs.....although I did finally have to buy a new battery for it in 2007.

After I got smart and quit buying Fords and Chrysler....I have since bought 6 Toyota vehicles...never a major problem with any of them.

Sorry, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
---Mel

borninok
You see I knew Toyota would pop up thats why I said American...lol

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
I really wanted to own a Ford but I didn't want to have to buy all new tools to work on them. You need a left handed upside down chinese wrench just to get the starter loose! Thats after you drop the exhaust manifold, of course.

Chevy and Dodge fit the bill just fine. I've had starters in and out of them in 15 minutes flat, LOL!

Had an old 23 t-bucket kit a long time ago, with a 350 Chevy motor and a bumper sticker that said

"Old Fords never die, they just get a new HEARTBEAT" :D
AND I QUOTE........I've had starters in and out of them in 15 minutes flat, LOL!

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Like them all but prefer the fords.
I do have a nice Chevy Van.
I love the 350 GM motor
I hate the body and componants of the body on a chevy they always break door handles fall off fule pumps go out.
if they made a ford with a 350 in it you would have a good truck.
cant say much about dodge except they like to burn up wires...lol

I also heard next year 2009 Toyota is purchasing Chevy.
and they are making a new truck for 2009 its called the Toylet...lol

by the way i just sold my F250 with a 460 V8 it was a 1990 and sold for 6000.00 last summer
62,000 miles on it. was a sweet ride. 4x4 ext cab tonah cover i miss her.

I now drive a F150 1994 paid 1300.00 for it 172,000 miles on it.
but it has a 300 6 cyl 5 speed Manual Trans 4x4 gets much better milage.

as far as I am concerned the 300 was and is the best motor ever made.
they run and run and run.
I sold a nice truck to find one with a 300 manual.
the beds rusted out and i dont care the body will rust away befor i part with it.
and it will still be running

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
A man pulled up next to a little girl walking home from school and said "If you get in, I'll give you a lollypop." The girl kept walking. Following along slowly, the man said "Come on and get in the car with me and I'll give you two lolly pops." She kept her eyes on the sidewalk and continued on her way. The man said "Get in with me and I'll give you this whole bag of lollypops!" Finally, the girl turned and said "Look daddy, YOU bought the Ford, YOU ride in it!!!" ;) ;) ;)

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
A man pulled up next to a little girl walking home from school and said "If you get in, I'll give you a lollypop." The girl kept walking. Following along slowly, the man said "Come on and get in the car with me and I'll give you two lolly pops." She kept her eyes on the sidewalk and continued on her way. The man said "Get in with me and I'll give you this whole bag of lollypops!" Finally, the girl turned and said "Look daddy, YOU bought the Ford, YOU ride in it!!!" ;) ;) ;)
I would rather cary two hub caps and walk than be seen in a chevy.........lol

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nissan has a larger power plant then the ford f series, i forget which one

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I like my Dodge... V-10. No issues... lottsa power for hauling and towing...

Horrible on gas.

I knew this topic would turn into a bunch of stupid bumper-sticker cliche's...

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
"You see I knew Toyota would pop up thats why I said American...lol"

Hey, Ima, I bought it because I didn't have enough money to spend on a Ford. LOL
---Mel

borninok

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dodge dakota 4x4. I have owned ford and jeep also and this dodge has been the best truck i have ever had.
Also the term american truck is mis leading.Check out the name on the transmission in you r American made Ford.You will see it is not american.
But,they are all like that anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread