5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will never offer help on a book or research again. I have been burned three times. In other words they stole my ideals. Actually two people wrote books and I provided as much as 80% of the information from my personal library of rare diaries and rare regimental histories and one of them mentioned me in the book as a relic hunter. I am more than a relic hunter. I have spent a life time on civil war research even spending weeks in Washington DC locating maps and diaries. One author flat out stole my ideal for their entire book. The other incorporated my ideals that I was going to use for my own book. All of this was before the internet. You had to drive thousands of miles to find stuff. Never ever trust anyone from Cleveland Tennessee

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the government trying to save information from each county and it will be public. They are doing every county. Tn I think was the only state to have a battle in every county. They are after local history to preserve it,lol.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also posted this in the Tennessee section. Hopefully all states will do this.

Tennessee archivists to record Civil War artifacts in Cleveland | Times Free Press

Check the link at the bottom of the page for more on this program.
HH

I will never offer help on a book or research again. I have been burned three times. In other words they stole my ideals. Actually two people wrote books and I provided as much as 80% of the information from my personal library of rare diaries and rare regimental histories and one of them mentioned me in the book as a relic hunter. I am more than a relic hunter. I have spent a life time on civil war research even spending weeks in Washington DC locating maps and diaries. One author flat out stole my ideal for their entire book. The other incorporated my ideals that I was going to use for my own book. All of this was before the internet. You had to drive thousands of miles to find stuff. Never ever trust anyone from Cleveland Tennessee

This is the government trying to save information from each county and it will be public. They are doing every county. Tn I think was the only state to have a battle in every county. They are after local history to preserve it,lol.

Sounds like a good idea. but I can see Roaddust66 concerns.
I don't have any relics from Cleveland TN, so it really makes no diff, to me , Only that the folks doing this are honest & ethical.
I wonder what would happen if you brought them a Disarmed but intact Parrot shell or Similar. Hmmmm.
Thanks for the info TM'S

foolishgold

Feb 15, 2014
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roaddust you realize the word ideal and idea are completely separate I hope.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are after the diaries and communications mostly as most of the records of the confederacy were burned. This opens up new chapters in history for everyone to study. They do not want your parrot shells. Think how all this helps us in our hunts. I have found sites and actual battles from diary accounts.
If you read the whole article you would have seen "The state archivists only will scan or digitally photograph items presented to them, not take possession of them, he said. Also, presenters will receive a CD recording of the items".
Write your own books as other members here have done id my suggestion. This is a research tool.
I was in Cleveland today studying a train wreck
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]….[/FONT]

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In a situation like that, if I could back up my case with hard evidence, I would take them to court.

In any case one has to try to find it within themselves to forgive people who take advantage of others or steal from them. Otherwise it can make you bitter for decades.

Thanks for telling us your story Dusty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions