Any Canadians here?

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi.

Well since it's late January in Canada, I have 3' of snow on my front lawn and it's -20 outside.....

ya, all I have been doing (just part time really) is looking into some spots to check out come spring/summer. May have located 2 old mills along the Grand River to check out using town maps from 1805. The ideas I picked up in your other thread about research certainly helped. Have located several homesteads from 1820 - 1920 I want to investigate too. Thanks for that.

Um... its been several months tho... do you think you could point me back to that thread of yours so i could refresh my memory?? Thanks man!

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Saika, welcome to the forums. I've been to London once to do some research relating to the hobby, I was pleasantly surprised with it, it's quite nice.

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Heya. So what kind of detecting do you do in Likely B.C. ?

rdizzle

Mar 1, 2009
Tacoma, wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Garrett GTAx 1000, Whites Spectra V3, Tesoro Silver Umax, tesoro Deleon, tesoro tiger shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living in Burnaby myself. Still unfamiliar with the old coins up here.....

Likely Guy

Heya back Prime, sorry for the late reply.

And again sorry, the only time I used a metal detector I borrowed it from a friend to find the corner pins on my lot. Ha.

My interest in this forum is through another aspect. During the summer months I usually work in our local ghost town, Quesnel Forks (established 1859), restoring the buildings. When we have to replace sill logs we screen the soil we remove during the process and we've found numerous cool things.

Examples: a little jade circlet (about an 1 1/2" dia., shaped like a flattened out cheerio), a silver Peruvian coin dated 1837 with one side smoothed over and the initials "J.H." engraved (probably a custom watch back or belt buckle), numerous Chinese coins from the 17th and 18th century, ebony dominoes (so far about a third of a set), many old bottles of course, the list goes on (and hundreds of pounds of broken glass and square nails).

Sounds like paradise? Actually we frown on MDing there. What we found so far formed the basis of our local museum (which is very impressive for a tiny town of 200 people if I do say). We don't like our 'old garbage' leaving the country.

Lot's of other town/mine sites around though; Keithley Creek, Harvey's Creek, the Bullion Mine, Hydraulic, Cedar Creek... some private land, some Crown.

Actually, this summer a few friends and I are going to search for an old gold camp from the 1880's on the north side of the Cariboo River.
I've placed it on two maps and if anything is there we should be able to walk right to it. Snow's still four feet deep right now.

If we need an expert MD'er though I'll let you know. Cheers.

Corrupted

Apr 30, 2009
Essex County, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Windsor/Essex County Ontario here. I was hoping someone here is from my neck of the woods and if they have any good spots to hunt, I am new to this and only been to parks and beaches so far.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Milton Ontario here.

maddy312

Jul 11, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I have been in Ottawa almost 3 years now and although it has at least 4 - 5 since I was last out with my machines, I would love to start up again. I am looking for a hunting buddy in the area. I have a Tosoro Stingray II and a Fisher Quick Silver........yes, probably outdated machines but I love them!

I am female and small so hunting on my own is not safe.

Would love to have someone to hunt with or even to join a club..............

If anyone out there also need a buddy, contact me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Maddy

RAYAR

Jan 13, 2007
NB
Detector(s) used
DFX (2x); XLT Spectrum; IDX; Sov Elite; AT Pro; GTI 1500; GTA 1000 PM; Vaquero
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Brunswick, Moncton area :coffee2:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Northern Saskatchewan here, were men are men and the sheep are scared. BING,BING BING BING, bing,bing bing (Deliverance banjo) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread