Any Canadians here?

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
Near Hamilton for me to
Hey (DEMON)
Can you guys say if to MD in Ontario on public lands like parks or Beach you need a local or municipal permit can some one
elaborate on that a bit about the law on metal detecting
I would freak right out if some law enforcement person tries to confiscate my box
not without a struggle
So before I get myself arrested please (enlighten me a little)

D

DEMON

they took my beer in sarnia not my md on a beach, ill check around

D

DEMON

difficult to get an answer but heard lot of people not filling in their holes ask for permision or if need permit . be polilte try to leave site better than you found it and good luck demon

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
Im from Southern Alberta, near Lethbridge... having a heck of a time finding prospecting clubs and MD clubs anywhere in AB

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wiarton willie here!,no shadow ,early spring Yahoo!
Public lands,no sweat,just fill your holes,privet land get permission.Did get asked to leave dundurn castle outer grounds by the resident archeolegist early in my Mding hobby.

B.R.P.I.T.A

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2007
North Carolina
Calling all Canadians!!!!! I need help finding this answer to a trivia question!!!!! This NC girl has searched the Canadian press high and low! So if ya'll could help I would be most grateful!!! What Canadian treasure was sunken in 2004, was declared abandoned in 2005 after divers, underwater camera's, and sonar failed to locate it? Time is of the essence.....I only have 1 more day to answer!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m a Hybrid or a Mongrel depending on how you look at it. My mother was Canadian (a Newfoundlander) and my dad was an American. I say was as both are past away now. I,d like to give a shout out to all Canadians and wish you luck.

Ed D.

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
i:m not from but my girl friend is, i hope to go up there soon so maybe i will bring my detector with me...good luck up there...mike

B.R.P.I.T.A

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks for the links! We finally figured it out......it was a trick question of sorts. A Quebec cheese company sank 1,764 lbs of cheese hoping to create un fromage with a unique flavor. Well they'll never know......they lost it and it was worth $40,000! Ya'll rock though and thanks for the effort!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread