Harp

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to get more info about the Gainesville md group/club...
*Please, thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me me a direct email and number will get in touch with you, and for those others asking earlier please reach out and let me know a direct email...thanks

Wobyn

Aug 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All, I just moved back to Gainesville and am taking up metal detecting with some help/guidance from a family member. Is there any local club meetings/activities going on anywhere in the area? If so, I am interested. Please PM me... thx! :)

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just found this section of the forum this morning...spoke with 'ocalasix' via PM last night...hope to get out and start this MD stuff soon!:metaldetector:

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
**Knock-Knock**

Is this Gainesville Area group still active? I work at UF, live in Micanopy on a 2.8 acre rural parcel of land right off of 441 and I'm interested in making some MD friends.

I stumbled on a 1879 Morgan Silver Dollar just landscaping the other day. I have the fever, who want's to join me? I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to hours and skill on my MD, but I do plan to walk my property at least and see what I can find.

Angle Iron

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Sand Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OcalaSix,
I have been into detecting for about a year now and would like to know more about the G'ville club and its activities. Thanks

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we are a small little group, go out when we can,together ort at least a cpl of us. we all share research, spots,etc but most of our hunts are on private land we research or are lucky enough to talk with a person owning some old property,etc. we had a hunt we sponsored last feb in the lafayette county area. was real fun and a blast. What part of gainesville are you in, we have members from ocala ,gainesville, fort white areas.

are you on FB?

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! I'm a new member of Ocalasix's group! I hope we get to meet.

Angle Iron

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OcalaSix,
I live just outside G'ville proper. I am also on FB. Have been hittin' some sites around town (mainly yards) and have found some interesting items (at least to me -- history of these things is probably stranger than fiction in some instances). Rob

Angle Iron

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OcalaSix,
You can correspond through my email at [email protected]. Thanks and I look forward to doing some detectin' with the group in the future. Rob

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of new to the area but live in Orange Park....hard to find any places around here. I have a Whites DFX 950 and it needs to get busy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread