Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys we have a decent amount of folks interested in making the group happen. What day would be god to set up a meeting to lay some ground work for the group??...let me know....gregg

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ocalasix, what we have done down here that worked, is meet at a restaurant that we all agree on, and eat (wings, burgers that kind of thing) and have a big roundtable talk. Once a month. We show our finds, talk about future hunts, such as your incredible old homestead. We also plan picnics too. If you werent so far away, I would come up and meet with you. Maybe I will some day. My girlfriend also really like to metal detect, so it is fun to have her along. Steve in Sarasota.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,

thanks !!! thats what i think im going to do. also wife is also from sarasota, did you go to school there?? wife graduated from sarasota HS in 1984. Plan a road trip some of the places might turn interesting...gregg

gei3137

Mar 23, 2008
Ocalasix said:
all,

Well group is coming along......another new member just ordered his MD and we have 1 extremely large property, several hundred acres, and also 2 others locations in the works.

So if you live in gainesville or alachua county, hit us up and we will be planning a meeting in the very near future.

gregg

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first meeting to take place soon. quite a few folks are out of town. but it is becoming a reality.

SunState

Nov 29, 2011
Ocala, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any hunts set up yet? Need a new area close to Ocala to try out. anyone in the area Marion, Citrus, Alachua or Levy send me a message & let's set up a hunt.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have decided to become part of a larger group based out of Marion County. We will be planning smaller hunts through this post for those interested.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I will toss my hat in to the ring.

Im David from Gainevsille. Been detecting on and off for over 40 years and use only Whites (except for my pinpointer). First MD was one I built from a kit by Heathkit. My newest ones are Whites V3i and BHID (that I have yet to use)

David

littlebird13

Feb 21, 2006
UPSTATE N.Y.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
My family and I will be visiting the Orlando area around April 10-16th. If anyone wants to do some detecting or has any ideas or where I should go get in touch. I am willing to travel if you are not in Orlando area.

Thanks

Kenny

[email protected]

ftwhite03

Oct 15, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys, I am in the Lake City/Gainesville area. Just got my detector last month so I am still learning a bit. If anyone is up for a hunt, let me know!

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we have now started a facebook account for the group. send a FR, send a msg. we have about 3 or 4 locations we are working on, so hit us up....gregg

link to FB account for group.: http://www.facebook.com/NFHRR

North Florida Historical Research & Recovery

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have a house in Starke FL and love to go metal detecting and shoot video of finds and locations. I have found some nice stuff up here in Starke like 1895 Barber Quarter,1911 Barber dime, old Brass seal matrix. You can check out some of my finds on my youtube page slingswholesale - YouTube I would like to get up with some others and go treasure hunting in FL. :icon_thumright:

subbed you on youtube

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread