sliteofhand

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2004
Jeffersontown, KY
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi! Just got an X-Terra 50 so I'll be in the parks soon. The only posted rules for the Louisville parks are no alcohol, and open 6AM to 11PM.
New website is www.louisvilleky.gov or if in town call 311 Metro call for questions about Louisville.
Sliteofhand ;)

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Louisville city parks are detector friendly, but remember that there is alot ofurban activity late in the afternoons so I find it best to detect early in the mornings and hunt with a friend. common sence goes a long way when hunting in inner cities.
HH Ray

sliteofhand

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2004
Jeffersontown, KY
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the tip. I am still in Seneca and will go to Cherokee next. I went to Thunder the next AM and got a little pocket change, but I found that most of the grounds are laced with underground pipes and cables. I'll try more virgin ground in the future. ;)

Have you ever researched Sanborn Maps? I plan on going to the Eckstrom Library Monday the 22nd to look up some. Send me a local address and I'll try to find it for you.

KLLJr

Greenie
Mar 7, 2013
Lexington, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip. I am still in Seneca and will go to Cherokee next. I went to Thunder the next AM and got a little pocket change, but I found that most of the grounds are laced with underground pipes and cables. I'll try more virgin ground in the future. ;)

Have you ever researched Sanborn Maps? I plan on going to the Eckstrom Library Monday the 22nd to look up some. Send me a local address and I'll try to find it for you.

What are Sanborn Maps?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread