Texas Coast (Beaches)

OP
OP
N

NLINE SIXX

Thanks for the info TBGO, Padre Island is this both North Padre and South Padre off limits. Thanks!

NL6

OP
OP
N

NLINE SIXX

Cap Z I not sure I believe you about not trying that before. ;D That's a pretty creative idea.

NL6

T

texas hunter

Did some research--the posession or use of MD's on the Padre Island National Seashoe park IS prohibbited. However--the city of Port Aransas informs me that no such restrictions apply on their beaches--just common sense stuff--ie.--fill your digs--cover your tracks, ect.
Hope this helps--HH

OP
OP
N

NLINE SIXX

Thanks for the info Texas Hunter, funny thing though I have been off this site for awhile now and received a email as a reminder. I am planning a trip to Galveston this summer for my daughters wedding. We had though about making a vacation out of it also so this may give me the chance to ketch back up on my MD the Texas coast line. :)

NL6

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fishing bucket Idea, might have to try that one, I can always explain that I was just locating the fish that got away with my hook in its mouth ;)

texasriverdigger

Mar 10, 2007
Freeport Texas
I know that I have seen & talked to alot of folks that used to work the beach from San Louis pass, Surfside,Quintana, and Brian Beach's all the way to Sargent beach with no problems or limits.. You might get a local map(Brazoria county)to find alot of the rat trails back to some of the most secluded places that you might want to try..Also all up and down the Intracoastal canal there are alot of burms (settlement Ponds) where the Army Corps of Eng pumps all of the silts and debris out of the canal,I have found a few intresting things over the years..I run across folks out in the middle of nowhere doing my thing and they are always friendly and like the company in passing.. They have started enforcing laws regarding 4wheelers and the dunes(erosion) so you might be carfull with that but there are still alot of places to ride and access... Good luck ...Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions