New to hobby..

txdrummer

Jan 24, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Hello to everyone one!
I came across the site having been interested in detecting/hunting since my grandfather did it for many years. Although I never had many chances to go with him and never got into the hobby, I am beginning to understand what he saw in it. I don't know anything about hunting/etc., so I am learning from your site.
I aquired a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II and was wondering if anyone had any tips or info on the detector as it relates to a beginner?
Sorry if I sound like a rookie but then again, I am!
Thanks,
Tx-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome TX.

Sorry I can't Help on the Bounty Hunter, But there are some here who
Will Be able to Help.

JEFF

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
TX D,

welcome to the site. Hang around and you will learn everything you need
to know about your Bounty Hunter; check old post also.

have a good un.............

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome aboard TX. just start reading the posts! there is an amazing wealth of information,stories,tips etc. on this site! it would take years to read them all!! every day i seem to learn something new.if you have any specific questions just ask. almost everyone on here is happy to help out.

S

Silverwlf

Howdy TX
Well I have the same Bounty Hunter as you do. For me it has worked out great.I add headphones to my unit. I was missing lots of tones down at the beach due to the wind.In playground areas i found if you use the all metal mode you recover many more items. Hope something here helps.If I am able to help you with anything please ask.
Silverwlf TX

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome :) Where in TX are you? I am pretty new also, but this board is fantastic. The folks here always have great answers and are so helpful. Good Luck

T

texas hunter

Welcome to the net Drummer. You will get a lot of good info, some good tips, and the occasional good natured ribbing. I'm in SA also, what part of town you in ?
HH
Lou

Texas Coin Hunter

Aug 24, 2007
Kenedy, Tx.
Detector(s) used
BH land star & Pioneer EX made by BH & Whites Bullseye ll Pin Pointer
Hi txdrummer

here are someplaces that you can hunt, but ask permission prior to hunting, and please cover you holes back up prior to leaving the area so no one gets hurt from stepping in the hole you dug.

Old Schools City Parks
City Parks Old Churches
Old Home sites Picnic Areas
Swimming Areas Athletic Fields
Rodeo Arenas Campgrounds
Ghost Towns Beaches
Roadside Parks Sidewalk Grassy Areas
Rural Mailbox Reunion Areas
Revival Sites Old Fort Sites
Fishing Spots Old Barns
Flea Markets Roadside Fruit Stands
Old Drive Inns Old Motels Sites
Town Squares Rural Dancing Sites
Historical Markers Old Gas Stations & Gen. Stores
Playgrounds Clothes Lines
Old Houses & Structures Fairgrounds
GI FORUM Hall

I recommend getting written permission every time you hunt on private property and especially if the land owner questions liability if you hurt yourself. I am not a lawyer but it seems to me that the following forms should meet your needs. You keep the top one and give the bottom one to the landowner.
Permission to Metal Detect on Private Property
I, ________________________________________ agree to allow (type your name and address), to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried relics, coins, and other artifacts located on my property at __________________________________________. It is understood that recovery includes the digging of small holes which will be repaired as nearly as possible to the original condition. This permission shall remain in effect until such time that I revoke it in writing.

___________________________ ________________
Property Owner Date

Liability Waiver Form
In consideration of permission to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried relics, coins and other artifacts on the property located at _________________________________and owned by ________________________________. I, (type your name), agree to release from all liability for personal injury or property damage that I may suffer as a result of the owners negligence while on the owners property only during the period and at the time of such search. This release shall be binding and forever discharge __________________________________ , his/her heirs, executors, and administrators, from all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon, or by reason of any damage , loss, injury, or suffering which I may sustain while engaged in metal detecting on the owners property.

_____________________________ _________________
(type your name & address) Date

I recommend getting written permission every time you hunt on private property and especially if the land owner questions liability if you hurt yourself. I am not a lawyer but it seems to me that the following forms should meet your needs. You keep the top one and give the bottom one to the landowner.
Permission to Metal Detect on Private Property
I, ________________________________________ agree to allow (type your name and address), to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried relics, coins, and other artifacts located on my property at __________________________________________. It is understood that recovery includes the digging of small holes which will be repaired as nearly as possible to the original condition. This permission shall remain in effect until such time that I revoke it in writing.

___________________________ ________________
Property Owner Date

Liability Waiver Form
In consideration of permission to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried relics, coins and other artifacts on the property located at _________________________________and owned by ________________________________. I, (type your name), agree to release from all liability for personal injury or property damage that I may suffer as a result of the owners negligence while on the owners property only during the period and at the time of such search. This release shall be binding and forever discharge __________________________________ , his/her heirs, executors, and administrators, from all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon, or by reason of any damage , loss, injury, or suffering which I may sustain while engaged in metal detecting on the owners property.

_____________________________ _________________
(type your name & address) Date

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions