SILVER ANNIVERSARY

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
yesterday was my 25th wedding anniversary...everyone knows that is a silver anniversary....had no clue what to get wifey as my old standby (jewelry) was not looking like a good option as my wife doesn't wear silver jewelry (always knew there was something wrong with her :wink:) turns out she doesnt wear it because her wedding band is gold and it wouldnt match :dontknow:....anyway while i"m pondering what to get,...I took the money i had for her gift and decided to CRH with it while i was thinkin....no sense letting that money sit around doin nothin...so i put it to work :idea1:
so on the way to check on some of my men i noticed a small bank i hadnt seen before....after i checked out the men( :icon_scratch:shoot that didnt come out right :-[)....anyway i walked into the bank which was like the size of a large closet....2 tellers and 1 desk....ask the teller if she has any rolls of half dollars...she says no.....wait a minute i have 2 rolls...i took them and noticed tarnished silver on both ends of both rolls :o....i get out to the truck and :icon_cheers: OH BABY....2 full rolls of 90%ers....all 1964 Kennedys in AU+ condition...all as shiny as the day they were minted (except for the 4 that were on the ends and somewhat tarnished)...now i'm thinkin i'm on a roll and hit one more bank before the next job....got $4.50 in loose from them and one was a 1963d Benjamin...needed that one for a hole in the album...so it really was a SILVER ANNIVERSARY for me :3some:....the wife....well she got a white gold bracelet with diamonds and for something silver i got her a half ounce ingot of sterling silver with a xmas scene on the back from xmas 1975....turns out that was the first xmas we shared together :dontknow: i also picked up some other ingots and rounds from the jewler....i'll post those in precious metals....HH all.....BTW the teller with the single Bennie told me the other teller had to leave cause her kid was sick but check back cause she's the one with all the loose halfs in her drawer ;D...guess where i'm goin now.....

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver MG. Good luck with the "other" teller......you just never know.

Love the post....very funny....hilarious actually. It made me laugh out loud......I love these kind of post.

BTW - Kudos on 25th year anniversary. Well done!

Happy Anniversary

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Congrats on the silver, and an even bigger congrats on the anniversary!

Hope the wifey liked her gifts. ;)

And good luck with the other teller!

~Dave

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
went to the teller that was awol the day before.....she only had about 4 bucks worth ....all clad...oh well i'm happy with the Ben ;D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread