Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang,

Went to a bank to open up an account because I know they have an abundant amount of Brinks halves (all other banks in my area either don't have halves or they are hand-rolled dumps). Walked up to the teller and told her I wanted to open up an account, but was told the banker was booked today and to come back another day. Too bad. Went across the street to give the hand-rolls a try, hoping they weren't someone's dumps, rather just a drop-off and someone left silver in them. I saw they had Brinks rolls and got a little excited. :thumbsup: But when I got out to my car I realized one end had a nice crimp and the other end had been re-crimped by hand. I must add they did a pretty %*&$*# job. Oh well, that's the game and you gotta learn to take it in stride. I searched through them anyway with the thought this person only edge searched and maybe left a 40%'er or two behind. Well no silver, but he/she did leave me a 1969 Swiss 5 Francs. :icon_sunny: I believe its silver (someone correct me if I'm wrong). It sure does sound silver, but I could be mistaken.

-Codes

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Narthoniel said:
If I am not mistaking, that Swiss coin is worth a few bucks. Not to shabby.
Anthony

Any idea how much?

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Codes said:
Narthoniel said:
If I am not mistaking, that Swiss coin is worth a few bucks. Not to shabby.
Anthony

Any idea how much?

Depends on the condition and if its silver or not....worldcoingallery.com lists silver swiss 5 Franc coins stopping in 1969 and non silver ones starting in 1968, but if I remember properly they were silver in 1969 and copper-nickel in 1968 and 1970+. I had the pleasure of doing the research last year after finding one from 1968 (mine was not silver).

worldcoingallery.com lists the price at like $7 in Unc... like $4.00 in VF, but that is across all from 1931 to 1969 as a whole, so it just gives an idea.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, hopefully when you get that account you will get lots of silver!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

theeteetotaler

Jan 6, 2008
don't forget fellas, the swiss franc is a very stable currency and is still in use, today 5 swiss francs have the value of $4.62 on xe.com.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
theeteetotaler said:
don't forget fellas, the swiss franc is a very stable currency and is still in use, today 5 swiss francs have the value of $4.62 on xe.com.

You beat me to it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread