Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Upvote 0

Silver Sniper

Dec 17, 2008
keep all canadians from 66 earlier and check any foriegn coins from before 1970 as Ive found a swiss 1/2 frank from 65 thats silver. I avrage 2 to 3 a box so not bad.

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Silver Sniper said:
keep all canadians from 66 earlier and check any foriegn coins from before 1970 as Ive found a swiss 1/2 frank from 65 thats silver. I avrage 2 to 3 a box so not bad.

I think I'll stick to my method of keeping ALL the silver canadian dimes though, it seems to be working pretty well :wink:

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one big goal. Where are you gonna get all the dimes to go through and then dump em?

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
terryin pa said:
Thats one big goal. Where are you gonna get all the dimes to go through and then dump em?

Dang. Guess I should have thought of that first.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
!

Don't back out on your goal just get good Doctor... for I have the answer you desire...

Wait for it...

Waaaaiiiiit for ittttt....

BANKS!

~Dave

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Re: !

BBcardsRI said:
Don't back out on your goal just get good Doctor... for I have the answer you desire...

Wait for it...

Waaaaiiiiit for ittttt....

BANKS!

~Dave

Oh and if the banks don't work you could always try....

BANKS... :thumbsup:

Hey ~Dave you beat me to the witty comment this time. LOL!!!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
crazyjarhead said:
What is a box of coins, whatever denomination?? How many rolls?
A box of coins whatever denomination contains 50 rolls, so a box of pennies is $25, box of nickels $100, dimes $250- you get the idea. HH Mark

And for the good Dr. I wish I had brung home some dimes for today, hate to start the year coinless haha. And a "lofty" goal is the way to go, an easy goal is a waste. Your off to a good start with 3. HH Mark

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Silver Stripe said:
crazyjarhead said:
A box of coins whatever denomination contains 50 rolls, so a box of pennies is $25, box of nickels $100, dimes $250- you get the idea. HH Mark

And for the good Dr. I wish I had brung home some dimes for today, hate to start the year coinless haha. And a "lofty" goal is the way to go, an easy goal is a waste. Your off to a good start with 3. HH Mark

Thanks Mark. The best box of dimes I ever did had 12 silver Roosies in it so I'm hoping I'll stumble on a few with 10+ over the course of the year. My boxes here still average about 2.4 silver/box so the 3 out of today's box was right on target. 12/31's box only had a 1968 silver canadian dime which was below average, but I'll take it.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
If your averaging over 2 a box you need to double your goal to 700 LOL. 365 will just be too easy especially with 10's and 12's mixed in haha. I'm gonna set the same goal I had for this year (since I didn't make it), 1,000 ounces. I came close with 920 last year. HH Mark

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
DrDetector said:
Silver Stripe said:
crazyjarhead said:

Thanks Mark. The best box of dimes I ever did had 12 silver Roosies in it so I'm hoping I'll stumble on a few with 10+ over the course of the year. My boxes here still average about 2.4 silver/box so the 3 out of today's box was right on target. 12/31's box only had a 1968 silver canadian dime which was below average, but I'll take it.
Dr, do you keep all the '68s? I've only found 2 silver ones out of about 50 '68 slugs...I keep from '68 and older.

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
AMC rulz said:
DrDetector said:
Silver Stripe said:
crazyjarhead said:

Dr, do you keep all the '68s? I've only found 2 silver ones out of about 50 '68 slugs...I keep from '68 and older.

No, I only keep the silver '68s. The non-silver '68s seem to be pretty plentiful still. As a matter of fact I think this one was the first silver '68 I'd found.

I'm saving up all my canadian coinage and I'll be driving up to Canada this summer at some point. My plan is to exchange all my rolled Canandian coins at a bank up there, and then take the canadian bill money to another bank and get rolled canadian nickels and dimes. Do some Canadian crh'ing. Then just repeat the process a few times.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start for the year. 365 should be easy to do. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
TreasureFiend said:
Great start for the year. 365 should be easy to do. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I only had 101 in 2008, but the only real setback is the time factor. Just too many other things in life. I'm hoping during the cold months when other things are more limited I can really pick up the pace. I'd like to do some better road trips this year as well. We'll see.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
My plan is to exchange all my rolled Canandian coins at a bank up there, and then take the canadian bill money to another bank and get rolled canadian nickels and dimes. Do some Canadian crh'ing. Then just repeat the process a few times.
i always wondered if anyone ever tried CRHing in Canada....it would be interesting to see the finds from there :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
mistergee said:
My plan is to exchange all my rolled Canandian coins at a bank up there, and then take the canadian bill money to another bank and get rolled canadian nickels and dimes. Do some Canadian crh'ing. Then just repeat the process a few times.
i always wondered if anyone ever tried CRHing in Canada....it would be interesting to see the finds from there :thumbsup:

I don't recall ever seeing a regular Canadian CRH'er posting on here. There was that one guy from Sweden for a while...or maybe it was Norway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread