Got a call from my dump bank today

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
had a teller at one of my dump banks call me today to tell me that a lady just brought in 122 ike dollars 25 two dollar bills and 12 halves and asked if i wanted them. i said yes and went right down. 2 of the halves were 40% the rest were clad and the 2 dollar bills were series 1976. the ikes were nice. teller said she wanted to get rid of it all because she had no place for it in her drawer. i told her to call me anytime. i only wish that their coin counter was faster. i dump less than 2K there at a time because it takes a so long. the machine is old and is belt driven. the spinning ones are alot faster. my dump bank with the spinning counter has several tellers that are hard to deal with.....act like it kills them to change out the bags. i dumped 8K there last week at one time. went through 5 bag changes.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Good teller you have there, anything in the Ikes? As far as the other bank, if they wanna be crabby, take them all your dumps so that your good teller will kep calling you! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
no all the ikes were clad....but i like them anyway.....you know you have a dollar coin in your pocket when you carry those around....the dollar coins today are like quarters...

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I'm going to start leaving my number at some of my pickup/dump banks :tongue3:

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
this teller has had my number for about a month or so. i also gave it to a teller at my supply bank. she has not called me on anything yet. oh yea i also get this same teller at this dump bank to check the reject shoot for me, usually get a canadian dime or quarter every time. i don't know why these coins "hang up" and don't come out the shoot

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Silver At what total amount of IKes are you going to hoard before you start giving them up I have over 1300 and need to seriously unload some may use them to pay for gas! LOL!!
I was thinking when the flea market starts up I may be able to sell clumps of 20 for 30 bucks like ebay>? just a thought. That would be about 650 profit ??? hmmmm?

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i don't know i really don't go out lookin for ikes or 2 dollar bills but if the teller has any and offers them i always buy them. another idea for ikes---use them as tips. they act like they really get something when you give those

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reverend B*IKE* said:
I was thinking when the flea market starts up I may be able to sell clumps of 20 for 30 bucks
Never thought of that, good idea. Rain tomorrow, so no garage sales out here unless I find an indoor one.

Last month I was at a garage sale and had a tough time with a lady. She said my offer of $2 was to low on a few pieces of silver (probably was :wink: ) I offered her 50¢ more and she begrudgingly took it. I pulled out 5 clad JFKs and her eyes lit up and asked me why I didn't tell her earlier that I was going to pay in halves. I sold her all the extras I had at face.

Maybe I will make my offers by holding out an IKE or an IKE & JFK :tard: might work.
Or (based on the Rev's idea) If someone wants $5 offer them 3 "rare" IKES that they can sell for $2-3 each. :icon_pirat:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
silvercop said:
i don't know i really don't go out lookin for ikes or 2 dollar bills but if the teller has any and offers them i always buy them. another idea for ikes---use them as tips. they act like they really get something when you give those

I've been doing it for a few years now. The waitresses love them. They call me Mr. Big Bucks. Even though they are only a "Buck". They think I'm a big tipper. They actually scamper to wait on me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions