Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't CRH a solid silver roll, had to pay the teller $100. Got 10 sequential date Franklins, and 10 Walkers. She also had a bunch of no-date buffalos. She had some paper bills which I know nothing about, including a '28 $2 bill. I passed on those and first checked out the dates on the Walkers. I hope this one coin paid for the roll, would be nice, it be a '38 D

FFD

Attachments

• 021009.jpg
    021009.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 021009a.jpg
    021009a.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
S

seger98

I think it probably paid for all of them, can you take a closer picture of both front & back for grading?

Chris

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this must be the year for key date halves. Congrads,what do you think it grades?

redwolf74

Jan 6, 2009
Bloomngton, MN
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000D
Did you say you paid $100 to a bank teller for $10 in face value coins. I'm not sure what bank that is but isn't it illegal for the bank to sell currency at a premium? Maybe I misunderstood.

redwolf

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
redwolf74 said:
Did you say you paid $100 to a bank teller for $10 in face value coins. I'm not sure what bank that is but isn't it illegal for the bank to sell currency at a premium? Maybe I misunderstood.

redwolf
Sorry. They were not the bank's coin. They were teller's personal stash that she brought in per my request. Sold over her lunchtime....Told her to get a quote, I really don't think she cared, and was probably suprised she could get $5 apiece for 'em.

FFD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread