First 2 Half Boxes ever ** Updated**

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
I just picked up my first 2 half boxes to search.

So far I have done one and the results are ok I guess:

2 - 1968 - 40%
1 - 1980 Medio Peso 12 1/2 Gramos Same size as a Half Dollar. Anyone know any info about this coin?

Search results are a little weird and couldnt tell if its silver or not. It looks like it but I have no idea. I will post pics later.

Second box is done and the results are a little better but not not much:

1 - 1969 - 40%
1 - 1964 - 90%
1 - 1948 Beji

1 - 1989 Medio Peso Domincan Rebublic coin. Any info?

Not so good. Not really worth my time. Will try one more time though.

Upvote 0

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: First 2 Half Boxes ever

I'm getting a box next week and I hope to find more than you did. I quit for a while but I'm looking at getting back into it. The thing is, just finding a couple 40's doesn't make it worthwhile for me time wise or financially. Glad you found something though. :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Re: First 2 Half Boxes ever

packerbacker said:
I'm getting a box next week and I hope to find more than you did. I quit for a while but I'm looking at getting back into it. The thing is, just finding a couple 40's doesn't make it worthwhile for me time wise or financially. Glad you found something though. :thumbsup:

But the next big score could be in the next box. That is what keeps me going. I just dumped $4000 today and netted 3 40% and a proof.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right. Don't bother. It's not worth it. All the silver is gone. :icon_jokercolor: Really though, if you give up that easy then this hobby is not for you. If you expect to get rich it ain't gonna happen.

OP
OP
P

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
enamel7 said:
Your right. Don't bother. It's not worth it. All the silver is gone. :icon_jokercolor: Really though, if you give up that easy then this hobby is not for you. If you expect to get rich it ain't gonna happen.

I dont expect to get rich, not the reason I got into it. I like the hunt. I guess im like most people that want to get more than I got. I would love to get a box like the guy who got 100+ keepers. Takes time....

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Well u did alright P.H. I have only been getting 5-6 keepers outta of 4 boxes lately compared to 30-40 in Oct and Nov. wasnt able to get any in Dec. had to switch from Brinks to CWI... 1 keeper out of 4 boxes today. Anyways hang in there and you will end up punching some good boxes at some point , Ed

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
It is a lottery - also got one today out of four boxes. I guess the silver is all gone, might as well call it a day.

Maine_Jim

:D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad start!!!! :thumbsup:

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
If you are truly in it for the hunt, switch to pennies or nickels. You will always find something worth keeping. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread