Lazy Tellers

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ventured out to dump, then pick up 2 boxes I had ordered. Figured I'd stop at a few banks along the way to dump that I hadnt even been at. Go in the bank and approach the teller....Do you have any half dollars? Noooooo..........she says while her head shakes left to right,for what seemed like way to long. You dont have any rolls around in the vault......Do any of the others have any? How many would you like,she asks? Now I think why ask if you havent got any?? I tell her I'll take all you have. Oh we have some in the vault. :icon_scratch: Ok , i'll take em I say as she stretches her neck looking at some chart ( the vault records i guess). She says we have 24 rolls. Great !!! Then another teller yips.... :director: I have 1 roll.....Great my teller says now I dont have to go in the vault. ........... Well I'd like those too please ??? So then she reluctantly gets off her stool and heads for the vault . I'm standing there for what seems like forever :clock: and I finally get em. This teller was all but 28 years old ....I feel so bad making the poor girl get off her a$$ to get me 24 rolls of half dollars.
Next I go to my bank I have an account with, that I ordered 2 boxes from to pick up. The teller brings em out and sits em on the counter. I see the end was broke open and taped shut with the rest of the box sealed intact. I flip it over and look thru the holes your supposed to inspect before opening and as he is getting a money order i asked him for, I comment that it appears they are not all there. I wasnt nasty or anything im my remarks yet one of the female tellers down the way a little spouted off that the guy dropped them inside the bank and none came out....the box just broke right there and they counted to be sure and taped it shut. So not wanting to make a scene I smiled and said if you guys checked it that is more then good enough for me. Well as I figured....not the end of the world but it was a roll short. Thats $10.00 . not a big deal....i blew money before in my life so $10.00 isnt gonna break me...its just the idea. She got offended I said they werent all there and stuck her nose in to defend the bank and lied in the process. Obviously the box was broke prior to arriving there and they were too lazy to comfirm the correct amount as they should have considering the circumstances. Just yesterday i took 2 $50.00 bundles of ones to this bank, and with me standing there they had to count each one. Afraid your a dollar short but its ok im out $10.00 due to lazyness and lies. At first I figured I'm fortunate to be able to order boxes there but as I thought about it , its the principle. If it happen again i wont deal there anymore.

Upvote 0

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
I had this happen to me 3 weeks ago.
I ordered 3 boxes one was open and $430
was wrote in pen on the side.
I show this to the teller and say the other 2 are fine.
But, I'm going top open and count these in front of you.
She did not mind and yes there was only $430 in the box
7 rolls missing.!!!!
She called Brinks and told them and they told her to send
"the box" not the box and coin but "the box" back to them
I took the rolls out put them in my bag thanked them and
went on my way.
You know when you cash a check the "count" the $$ back to you
So, why would they not mind if you count the coin when something
does not look right.
This is a learning curve for all of us. Just make sure they do not get
any goodies like you might give the other tellers. If, they do not
treat you with respect then use them as a dump bank.
Take in 4 or 5 boxes of hand wrapped coin ::) that always helps lol.
I did that to one teller I took her over $3,500 in hand wrapped coin
in less then a 5 working days lol.
Remember karma lol
Gl and hh
dan

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've run across all types of tellers,rude, lazy,and bad liars. Then again I've come across tellers that treat you like some sort of VIP. Yesterday I hit 12 banks and everyone was very pleasent. Even the dump banks were great. Go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions