"Good Friday" for "Monster" I Created.........

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
"Good Friday" for "Monster" I Created.........

Well let that be a lesson to us all.

"Loose lips sink ships" so the saying goes.

Of course I cannot keep my good fortune a secret. So I had been telling my friends at work about my little side job.... "Hobby" CRH'g...... Most of them are amazed and just say "I could never do that"......

Ahhh but not my buddy Steve he says hey I'm gonna try that out, so he has been ordering boxes and cold calling for about a month now.

He had some good luck with both ends of the spectrum. He scored a dozen keepers on his first box and found silver cold calling.

Well today he had a "Good Friday"

I just got off the phone with him and he's telling me that he hit 6 banks on his way home from work and the last bank he stops at and one I frequent he picked up 8 rolls of Halves.........

Total score 152 40% & 6 90% ::)

I have created a "MONSTER" and he lives in my own backyard. Feasting off my own Feed pile........... :tard:

Waaaaaaaaa

Mojo

Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Re: Good Friday for Moster I Created.........

That sucks Mojo, I have to keep things hush hush 1 more person in my area would put me out of biz... bummer , Ed

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Double Bummer there. Your right about the lesson for us all!

Maine_Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

Thats why I only tell people who "could never do that". I learned a lesson the hard way, told my uncle, he goes to the bank buys half a box, searches it, finds one 40% and took the coins right back- I'm sure I mentioned the part about dumping somewhere else. So I go to that bank and try to clean them out (and smooth things over), they won't sell to ME cause "I'm probly just gonna bring them right back anyways"- so dumba$$ uncle ruined that bank for everyone. HH Mark

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250

Niot the smartest thing I have read here might as well give him half your money too

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

I know I screwed up. But I look at it this way.

I got a friend of mine involved in a hobby I enjoy and there is no way I can scoop up everything in this Metropolis of 4 million people.

There were CRH's around here before I ever got started and will be after I quit. But at least someone I know is getting in on the action even though in the end I might lose a percentage of finds out there.

The little hoard he scored in the above mentioned post might have been scooped up by someone else before I ever made it to that bank. Or it might have got shipped out to brinks but that's no guarantee that I would see them in one of my boxes.......

Lots of competition out there right now. So I'm happy for him. He's got two Young sons and they are enjoying the hobby together.

Mojo

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Re: "Good Friday" for "Monster" I Created.........

Mojo,Mojo,Mojo.....don't you hate it when good deeds turn around and bite you in the a$$?....well at least he's someone you like....and as you said what are the odds you would have gotten them before they were scooped up or shipped out? at least he probably will never forget who got him started in all this, and who knows he may turn the favor around to you one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread