Just saying Hiiiii!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Hey everyone!

I've been away for A WHILE, I know. And I'm sorry for not checking in during that time. So much stuff going on here.

Took this semester off from my out of state college... working on a transfer to my local state university.

FINALLY found a job to help pay off the college bills I've already acrued as well as more "normal" bills. Not easy to find a job in a state with 10%+ unemployment. Especially as a college student sans degree.

Been struggling to get by money wise up until recently... finally got some extra bank roll now to mess around with coins again!

Right now I am just hitting up my local dealer friends for good steals. Buying them and selling them for a quick profit... and then using the profit to rebuild my own silver stash which I had to sell for money, unfortunately. =(

For example... just bought three rolls of mixed date walkers in nice shape with decent date range for $110 a roll. Once I sell them, the profit will pay for the few BEAUTIFUL Morgans I bought at the same time from the same guy.

On a side note... if anyone is buying coin silver like on ebay or for ebay prices... I can hook you up. I cut deals for T-netters, and avoid the ebay fees, etc. I've had great experiences selling to people here before... even though it was painful to sell my private stash. This stuff is no problem to sell since I am buying it with the intent to flip a quick profit anyway. :P

Well... I hope everyone is doing great with the hobby! And I hope to get back into it soon myself. I'm really busy with work right now and can't spare much time for searching rolls... but I am making coins/silver my second job... so I'll definately try to be around the forums a lot more from now on!

Missed you all! We have some greeeaaaat people here!

~Dave

Upvote 0

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
hey BBcards! good to see you back here again. :thumbsup:

good luck on the transfer...and good luck on findin' the bling!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
hey there buddy long time no chat. Good luck with everything and hope to see you on here again soon.

Jason

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey BB, Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear you had to sell you stash. I hope that never happens to me. Well the silver is still out there and lots of it depending on where your located.

Golden Silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Good to hear from you Dave! I wondered what happened to you, since you hadn't posted in a while.

Hope you make some good cash selling on Ebay!

Jim

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
You just need to find about 5 boxes of the 2009 pennies. Sell them on ebay for a ridiculous amount of profit, and that will help you out.

And so far the only spots people have comer up with these pennies seems to be in your (broad) part of the country. So do some scouring while you are out looking for silver. See what you find. Good luck to you.

What's your major?

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear from you again and see that everything is okay. It sucks having to sell your stash, but you can always rebuild it.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see 2008's Rookie of the Year back! A few of our all-stars have been scarce lately, including the G-Man.

I still have family in your area Dave, and they say the same thing about how hard hit things are in New England. Hang in there!

OP
OP
BBcardsRI

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Thanks for all the kind words everyone and for dropping by to say hi. Missed you all!

And thanks to those of you who have been talking about the good boxes to hunt for... 2009 P Quarters... 2009 Pennies...

Definately going to try and round some of those bad boys up... lots of banks to drop by monday and leave my number with. =)

Take care all, and happy hunting!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Dave....glad to have you back buddy.especially glad to see you landed some work. i know times have been hard up there. sorry to hear about the stash, but i guess in reality thats what all of us are saving for, hard times. anyway look forward to reading of your finds. hit em hard :thumbsup:
George

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you around again Dave, looking forward to seeing more good results from you...

Immy said:
Nice to see 2008's Rookie of the Year back! A few of our all-stars have been scarce lately, including the G-Man.

I still have family in your area Dave, and they say the same thing about how hard hit things are in New England. Hang in there!

As far as me...Still around and still searching just as much, but between my work, kids, working out, and my social life being a little crazy lately I just haven't been online posting much (other than an occasional response like this). Way behind on updating the tracking list, but I should be able to catch up pretty soon (I hope...).

Finally finished the last bag from March a couple days ago... Also took care of a dumping problem over the weekend ($600 in reject pennies that had built up over the past month or two because my dumping didn't keep up with my buying). I was planning to post my missing March results last night, but I didn't get home until about 1:30 AM and just didn't feel like getting online...maybe tonight if I have any energy left once I get a chance to get online.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread